Weigh In Wednesday -- August 20

Wednesday, August 20, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction
Erin @ She's A Big Star

Another quick post for my weigh in because class is about to start! I really should start writing these posts on Tuesday night but I never know what I'm going to say! 

First and foremost -- I MADE IT TO ONDERLAND! I barely squeaked by but I'm here and that's all that counts! 


Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 200.8
This week: -199.4
Change: -1.4
Total Loss: 36.8

Yesterday I posted the following picture on Instagram. There is only about an 18 pounds different between the far left and the far right but I see a difference the scale cannot capture -- all in a year! The girl on the right has run 2 half marathons and found a love for exercise. She still loves pizza and peanut butter, but with portion control and a healthy dose of fruits and veggies.


My workout from last night in case you want fresh ideas (I try to publish more of my workouts - I like to mix it up!).


Meal prepped and ready for a very long day of class - pictured here is a TON of veggies, strawberry cheesecake yogurt (I'm eating some dairy again), spaghetti squash with pesto, and buffalo shredded chicken breast. So basically nothing goes together :) There may be a slice of pizza in there somewhere today because I'm attending two non-lecture presentations at lunch time and dinner time. May have to treat myself just a little bit!


Anyone else take an entire suitcase of stuff with them in the morning? I have at least two bags with me - plus a lunch bag. Today is a special day because our med school class was challenged by Indiana University School of Medicine to do the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS. 

I know people are getting sick of seeing the videos on their newsfeed and whatever - but I think it's brilliant! At first I didn't really get the concept when it was super new but I think it's important to remember that the end result is positive - I don't know why there needs to be negativity. ALS (amylotrophic lateral sclerosis) is a disease we learned about in my Neuro block last semester.  It is an absolutely heart breaking disease - and it also gets very little awareness or research. No cure, no treatments beyond supportive therapy, and you basically become a prison in your own body - the course of the disease varies but it involves rapidly progressive muscle weakness and atropy. Think of everything you need and use those muscles for - movement, speaking, swallowing, etc. I think it's wonderful that they have raised so much money already and even if you don't know very much about the disease, people ARE becoming more aware and may go learn more! 


That's all for me! 
Are/have you done the Ice Bucket Challenge?


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss this week. I haven't done the ice bucket challenge but am following it with interest. My partner died last year after suffering with Motor Neurone Disease (ALS) for 5 years; in the last two months of his life he was only able to move his head a little. He considered himself to be one of the lucky ones, however, as he didn't lose his speech so was still able to communicate verbal until the end. Only good can come from raised awareness of a terrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for ONE-derland!! How does it feel? Skinny? Amazing? Good for you! I haven't done the ice bucket challenge but I think it's great! Only good things can come from it but you know how some people are, always hating.

    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - no more 200's :) That 18 pounds made an incredible difference in your pictures and I am sure in the way you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's freaking awesome! Congrats!


    And at first I was confused about the ice bucket challenge because many people were dumping on their head INSTEAD of donating, but then I heard the amount that it has actually raised and I am on board now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop! Welcome to Onederland!!!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOO HOO! Onederland! SO happy for you!
    Thanks for explaining the cause behind The Ice Bucket Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on Onederland. That is incredible. You should be SO proud of yourself. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it! Way to go!

    Good luck with the ice bucket challenge. Hopefully you won't make it on to the list of ice bucket fails (not that you would, but I just watched a video compilation and it was pretty hilarious). I definitely won't be participating in the challenge. There is like zero chance that I would ever be nominated. I am impressed that it has turned into something positive and that they have raised so much money. It didn't look like it was going to at first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay fit onederland!!! Great job! I've seen ALS first hand. It's more terrible than most people will ever know. Good for you for doing the challenge. Casey and I aren't super outgoing so we just donated instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Love the before and after shots - you look fab! Your lunch looks amazing. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to onederland! I haven't done the ice bucket challenge...it's been too darn cold to even think about it! Maybe if we actually see the 90s this weekend and someone challenges me we could pick up some ice to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow girl!!! I am so incredibly proud of you. You are doing so awesome. I love the way you explained the ice bucket challenge as well. I didn't really get it.

    ReplyDelete