Halloween Weekend

Monday, November 2, 2015

Good-Bye October, Hello November! In an effort to get back into blogging, how about a weekend recap?

Friday marked my last day of my OB-Gyn rotation which turned out to be bittersweet. Even though I originally considered OB pre-medical school, I've since moved away from the idea. This month really surprised me! (More to come in a future post).



On Friday night, my husband and I decided to go to dinner out and ended up checking out a local brewery. 


We decided to get a couple flights since we had never been there before. My favorite was the chocolate orange stout!


While we indulged in some beverages, we decided to get competitive with a game of Rummy. I haven't played it in FOREVER but I used to play all the time with my dad. Can't beat a relaxing evening like this!


Saturday was obviously Halloween! We had a couple invitations to Halloween parties but ultimately decided to grab dinner and drinks with some other couples. Not being one to skip an opportunity to dress up, I decided to channel Madison Montgomery from American Horror Story: Coven as my costume. I figured it was calm enough for public...maybe even something  I would wear regularly (sans sunglasses at night...).




Our night out ended and we made our way home from some Uno and TV before bed. I think one of the best things about married life is that I feel like I can be my true self. Nick and I are both pretty laid back people and I love that we have fun, laugh, and relax whether we are out in a big group or at home hanging on the couch.


We spent Sunday catching up on laundry, cleaning the apartment, and meal prepping. I also caught up on several weeks worth of Scandal and Grey's Anatomy - all in all, a very productive day! Now it's time for another week and new rotation - Internal Medicine! Stay tuned for more updates :)


No comments:

Post a Comment