Weigh In Wednesday May 7

Wednesday, May 7, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

Sorry for the late start today! Didn't have my pictures uploaded to my computer this morning and then had class.  Struggles.

This past week/weekend was HUGE! I had two practicals last week and then a busy weekend. Saturday I woke up bright and early to make the drive back to Cincinnati - probably one of the last times before the WEDDING.

Thanks, Starbucks!

Nick and I met with our priest to start planning the ceremony and do some marriage prep.  It's all getting VERY VERY real and I couldn't be more excited. Now we are trying to narrow down the readings, figure out who will do those readings, and choose our music. It's actually really fun because we get to tailor our Mass to us and our marriage. There are so many beautiful scriptures and messages  though so it's hard to choose! 


Later that day I had my bridal shower with friends and family - even some of my friends from school came all the out to Cincinnati! It was a lot of fun! I don't think I've ever been so excited to get new towels and pots and pans before.  In all my excitement, I didn't think to take pictures so I'm hoping my aunt was able to get some.  My MOH has everyone write down Words of Wisdom for the bride which were fun to read.  Many people said "Never go to bed angry" or some variation of that. Another said to find things you like to do together but also have your own hobbies and activities. There were really sweet ones and some saucy ones, too! So great to hear advice from women I really respect and admire!

Oh yeah...and there were AMAZING cupcakes!


After the bridal shower, it was time to get ready for my FIRST HALF MARATHON which was the next day.  I'll have a recap post up tomorrow with all the details.  The good news is that I survived! Sunday May 4 also happened to be Nick's 24th Birthday so we had a great time celebrating after my race. Happy Birthday to Nick! I got us tickets to my other boyfriend's concert in August - LUKE BRYAN! 


Now for the weigh in. Gained 1.5 lb this week which I suspect is from tapering and probably some inflammation/water retention from the race. It's disappointing but I'm sure in another day or two I'll be back to losing again.  Doesn't help that I wanted to eat everything right after the race!  I got back on track on Monday and things have been good since.

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 204.2
This week: 205.6
Change: +1.4
Total Loss: -30.6



Will have a post up about the race tomorrow!  Hope you all have a great week!

How do you recover from long runs/races?
What are you most looking forward to this summer?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first half, chica!!! Great time! I have the East Bay Mermaid Half this weekend and hoping to do well. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the gain, but congrats on your half!! That's amazing!


    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be back down in no time. Congrats on completing the race!

    ReplyDelete