Weigh In Wednesday: December 3

Wednesday, December 3, 2014






The Hump Day Blog Hop

It's December, already? Where has 2014 gone?  Three more weeks of school left and then I'll be free for Christmas Break!

The next few weeks are about to be pretty crazy - lots of exams and assessments coming up so I apologize if I go a little MIA. I'm going to do my best to post a few times a week but I already feel behind so blogging tends to take a back seat.

I'm really excited this week because over Thanksgiving Weekend I reach a new milestone in my journey - 40 pounds lost! For the past few months I've been stuck in a rut - cycling between a 34-38 pound loss each week.  Two weeks ago I made the decision that I needed something to push me past the plateau and help me stay on track during the holidays/finals - enter joining Weigh Watchers again.    

When I was a senior in high school, I joined WW at the end of the school year and lost about 20 lbs (I got down to about 172 - my lowest weight at 5'8") so I knew it was effective. For the past year and a half, I've largely done this on my own - with added help from you all! But sometimes you need to stick your neck out and do the thing you really dread doing. For me, that is external accountability and forcing myself to go to meetings even when I don't like them. 

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 197.6
This week: 196.4
Change: -1.2
Total Loss: -40.0

I zoomed back up weight wise when I started - whoops! 

May 2013 to November 2014 - 40 pounds down!

So that's where I am now. WW at least through the holidays, probably until I reach my goal weight. I feel like the methodology is more simple than IIFYM (what I was doing earlier). I have been tracking in myfitnesspal concurrently to make sure I am getting close to my macro goals (I want to make sure I'm not over or under eating, as well!) I'm probably eating about 1800-2000 calories a day, give or take which I think is completely appropriate for my goals. Slow and steady, maintain muscle mass, and fat loss. 

I'm loving that fruits and vegetables are (in general) zero points for WW -- these are my go-to snacks and the main components of my meals. Like I said, I'm still tracking MFP so I make sure not to overdo the fruit. 

Don't forget to submit your entries for the Virtual Turkey Day 5K & also check out the giveaway I'm co-hosting with a bunch of awesome bloggers! Both are in this post.

Any WW people out there? Have you had success on it?





6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I found that the meetings were what worked for me on WW. I tried it online after having Mason and it did not work the same because I did not have that stranger weighing me weekly. I wish I had the time to do it again. Maybe when they have their specials in January :) You are looking great and good luck with this hectic month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is a great loss. Congratulations on your 40 pound milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss over Thanksgiving! Where do you go for your meetings? I'm at East Washington on Tuesday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Weight Watchers, but it wasn't worth the price for me. Not when MFP is free. I like the free fruits and veggies though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! What a wonderful milestone! I liked weight watchers a lot. I just hated paying for it ;)

    ReplyDelete