A Year Older.

Monday, February 2, 2015

On Friday I turned 25 years old. Excuse me while I freak out a bit.

There's just something about this age that seems so significant. I'm not longer in my early 20s but I'm not quite old enough to view myself as a full-fledged adult. I'm in limbo.  I find myself relating less and less to college age kids but still not able to fully relate to my older friends with families and careers. I'm not ready for kids and a mortgage but I'm also not down to go out every night of the week - hello, The Bachelor is on!

In my mind, I've always thought 25 would be the year everything just came together perfectly. I would have my life figured out and the moment the clock struck 12, life would hand me a big red bow, "Congratulations, you did it!"

Yeah. That didn't happen.

What did happen was that I met my friends (N and his friend tagged along, as well!) for dinner and drinks but still made it home in my flannel jammies by 11:30. Basically, the perfect evening. I had sushi (with no regard to the fact that it had been dipped in tempura and fried...maybe that's redundant. I don't know). It was great!





Earlier in the day, I got a massage and manicure after starting the day out with a delicious dark roast coffee and a quick workout!
Starbucks is so good that it deserves kisses!

On Saturday, my Mom came up to Indy for lunch and shopping, just the two of us! I feel like I never get to see her for any extended length of time so it was such a great day. We had Cheesecake Factory for lunch (fish tacos!) and I picked out a piece of cheesecake to share with Nick later on. Sadly, there was something about the Godiva Chocolate that did not agree with my tummy :(

Shopping meant stopping at Sephora and Aveda for some goodies! I had a certificate to get a full bottle of perfume from Christmas so I choose Daisy by Marc Jacobs! This is my fave next to Burberry Brit. I'm just happy to finally have some "grown up" perfume instead of the stuff from VS or Bath and Body Works - moving up in the world!


If you know me at all you know I love my lip colors - the Sephora birthday gift this year is these Nars lip crayons. Pure perfection! I also picked up a new crease brush (blend, blend, blend!), a nude lip color from Clinique, and some Glam Glow facial mask! Not pictured is my new Cupcake face mask from Lush! It's amazing!

Saturday night was pretty low key for us. We rented Sex Tape because the options at our local Red Box left something to be desired -- NOT a good movie. Hated it. I could've watched 27 Dresses for the millionth time and been completely happy. Oh well!

Sunday marked the beginning of our Whole30. Well, MY Whole30 since someone is a cheater and ate popcorn and beer. It probably wasn't a good decision to start on Super Bowl Sunday but a) I don't watch the Super Bowl, nor do I care & b) why do I need another excuse to eat crap? If you wait for the "perfect" time to start making a healthier choices, it kind of defeats the purpose. //offmysoapbox This just means I get to end a day early!

My first day of meals didn't look much different than a typical day of eating for me except I really tried to eliminate snacking. Because of the snow, I haven't had a chance to stock up and meal prep as I would like so I'll be doing most of that today. 

Breakfast: eggs with green peppers and onions sautéed in ghee, prunes, and 1/2 avocado.

Lunch: bacon wrapped chicken with winter squash seasoned with cinnamon. Not pictured: half Granny Smith Apple + a cup of chicken soup as a snack

Dinner: more bacon wrapped chicken, roasted potatoes, and tons of broccoli! I also had a couple dates rolled in coconut with my meal.

Tonight I'm roasting spaghetti squash and making some chocolate chili from this recipe. I'm also going to prep some sweet potatoes and who knows what else :)  So far, so good! 




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Your haul from Aveda and Sephora looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I did the whole 30 back in July, and while I only lost 1 lb (boooo...but not the point of the whole 30), I did lose 3 % body fat and noticed significant changes in my body that month! I found a ton of whole 30 recipes on Pinterest, but I also found the whole9 forum to be very, very helpful! The hardest thing for me to come to terms with was not having my coffee creamer...I tried and tried with coconut milk, but it just wasn't the same. Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I turn 25 on the 17th 😣 married, 2 little ones, a career and I still don't feel like a full fledged adult. Lol lol good luck on whole 30! Love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Heather! Too bad your boy cheated. Don't let him use that as an excuse not to keep going though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful birthday spoiling :) I love seeing what people are eating...I might have to throw some avocado into my breakfast menu.

    ReplyDelete