Announcement: Whole 30 Round II

Monday, July 27, 2015

                            

For the last few months, I have let my life be defined by one major thing: boards. All areas of my life has slowly started to crumble...not exactly the "balance" I talk about all the time. The truth is, I have been getting pretty lazy.



My husband has been taking up a lot of slack when it comes to preparing meals & doing housework (all things we used to share equally). My workouts are less consistent.  I can't even remember the last time I went for a run. Crossfit? I went ONCE in the last month. Partly due to vacation and partly due to laziness. My nutrition has gotten progressively more lax as well. Somehow things like potato chips and Taco Bell bean burritos have been making regular appearances. To say it lightly, things are a mess. 

Now starting my first rotation of third year with Emergency Medicine hasn't made it all that much easier. Random hours and long shifts have really been messing with my sleep - and I love my sleep. At this point, I feel tired All. The. Time. Sluggish, unmotivated, and ready to nap at any point. While my weight hasn't actually changed much the past few months (I'm still sitting in the low 190s), I feel bloated and heavy. I feel myself losing muscle tone. And yet, I can't seem to get out of this funk. 


Time to snap out of it. Whole 30 worked really well for me last time. The creators share a philosophy that I truly believe in so when I found out my Crossfit box would be sponsoring a Paleo Challenge at the same time that I wanted to start Whole 30, it was perfect! 

Now here's the fun part. Last Whole 30 (in February), I had a private Facebook group of women who shared the challenging experience together! We swapped recipes, tips, and tricks but most of all, we supported each other 100%. Sure, most people lost a good chunk of excess weight but the most important changes were mental. I feel more in control than I have have around food. Even when I choose to eat "off plan," I do so in smaller quantities (i.e. I don't feel powerless to stop). Overall Whole30 energized me and left me feeling lighter. 

This program isn't purely about weight loss or meant to be "restrictive". You WILL eat - whatever you need to feel satisfied but you also learn to view food as a source of fuel. You will eat more vegetables than you ever thought possible. You will learn how to read food labels and to scutinize the ingredients you put in your body. You will learn that added sugar is hidden in EVERYTHING. Most of all, you will learn that food does not have power over you. YOU decide what goes on your families plate. 

So if this sounds interesting to you, I strongly encourage you to go read "It Starts With Food" and/or the Whole30 website. Then, shoot me an email if you would like to join our secret Facebook group or  have questions!

Past posts:
Get ready for some delicious recipes and a lot of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment