Coming Up For Air

Thursday, July 23, 2015


I'm backkkkkk! How's that for a long hiatus? Where do I begin? The past month has been absolutely crazy. How about a quick recap?

My husband and I celebrated one year of marriage on June 13! 


One year of marriage went by so quickly! I'm not sure I would have made it through this past year of school without the constant support of my husband - everything from picking up the slack around the house to consoling me during one of my freak-outs. He is ten times more patient, kind, and thoughtful than I'll ever hope to be but somehow he still stick by me. Even more, I'm so proud of all of his accomplishments at work. You'll never meet a more driven or hard working man. Over all, year one of marriage has treated us very well! We're both healthier and certainly "lighter" than a year ago but our relationship as a whole has continued to grow and strength. Definitely our best year yet! 

I took COMLEX on June 16! 



I'm working on a post solely dedicated to boards - my plan and how it worked out (spoiler alert: I passed!). 

My person got married on June 20.



One of my very best med school friends, the Cristina to my Meredith, got married in Louisville after boards! I was honored to be asked to do a reading during her ceremony (which was on a rooftop - beautiful!). We had a great time dancing the night away and celebrating with friends!

We visited family in Cincinnati and then took an anniversary trip to Seattle.




Since we didn't take a honeymoon last year, we decided to take a week long trip to Seattle! Why? Why not. We pretty much ate (& drank) our way across the city of Seattle for 5 days. Everything from oyster po boys to 8 different styles of chowder to fresh prawns. Oh and the coffee! So great. We discovered a new love of ours - ginger beer! Perfect for refreshing cocktails. We went on a brewery tour, watched a Mariners game, saw Kenny Chesney in concert, and more. Just a really great, relaxing trip!

We celebrated July 4th with friends!




Our last celebration before third year began. What's more American than an Indiana cornfield, some drinks, a little corn hole, and a bonfire? We had a great time!

I started my third year of medical school in the Emergency Department!



And then before I knew it, it was time to start my third year. I'm already wrapping up my first Emergency Medicine rotation. Where did July go? 2 more shifts in the ED & an EMS ride-along to go!

So that's an overview of what's been going on and why I've been pretty absent on the blog. So glad that I finally have exciting things to write about again instead of boards studying. Real patients with real problems! So much more to come - stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment