Six Things You Should Know About Me

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hey all! I'm taking time out from my night of trying to remember things about the thorax (not The Lorax, although that's a pretty cute movie!) to get in on this post idea I saw over at Kisses and Croissants! Patricia is one of my favorite bloggers/tweeters so when I saw the opportunity to stop studying the spinal cord and innervation of the ribs, I jumped on it!


Via


Without further ado, here are 6 things you should know about me (no need to take notes, there won't be a quiz at the end).
1. Where is "Home" for you?
I feel like I have a lot of homes, even though I've lived in the same place all my life. I have my home in Cincinnati - just my mom and I but since I just moved out officially, it's not really my physical home anymore. My physically home here in Indianapolis isn't really a home yet. It feels temporary. What I consider to be my "home away from home," Bloomington, IN and land of my alma mater, is still special to me but also isn't my place anymore. Maybe I'm homeless?

2. One goal you would like to achieve before 2014.
I would like to finally shed the weight I gained in college and reach a healthy point in my life. I think it's essential for my career as a physician and essential to keep up with the rigors of life. 

3. What’s your biggest struggle in life?
No thought needed on this one: confidence. I will say that I have made tremendous progress in the last 4-5 years or so but I still lack confidence in myself on a daily basis. I have a crippling ability to underestimate my value and abilities. My lack of confidence has impacted every single area of my life so it's something that I try to work on daily. 

4. What hobby would you love to pick up?
There are quite a few things I would love to learn or add to my hobbies. I don't have a good enough attention span to focus my energy on one or two activities which is why I've never really picked up hobbies and stuck with them (unless you count shopping). I would love to pick up photography, birding/hiking, or yoga/meditation. 

5. Tell us something we may not know about you?
I am an excellent planner. I can plan and research like no ones business but I'm a terrible executor. I have very little discipline when it comes to actually acting our my plans. 

6. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to sublimate three different areas of my life into one: my health and wellness journey, medical school, and life in my twenties. I wanted to be able to stay in touch with my family and friends during this busy time in my life and I also wanted to have something to look back on years from now. I wish I would have started blogging earlier during college. I feel like it would have kept me more accountable and got me in touch with awesome resources. Even though I have less time to spend on my baby blog, I won't be stopping anytime soon!

I'm tagging all of you! Choose from the list of questions below and tell us more about yourself! Feel free to Tweet/Facebook/Comment Below your post!
1. What do you plan on doing with your life a decade from now?
2. Would you rather go back in time or remain where you are in terms of the time of your life?
3. If you were the last person alive besides one other person you get to chose, who would it be?
4. What’s something you hate?
5. What is your usual everyday dress code?
6. Why do you blog?
7. Most comforting place, smell, sound and memory?
8. Your greatest personal achievement.
9. Think of your oldest friend. If you met them now do you think you would still become friends?
10. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Finding out new things about people is always fun! I really agree on the hobbies thing, my attention span isn't long enough but photography or yoga sounds good to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, it seems we want to pick up some of the same hobbies, and I have to say I believe you have a lot of confidence, if you want to do medical school which is a big step in anyone's life that takes a lot of confidence and courage to go through! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this after reading yours :)
    http://ahlmblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/well-this-is-random.html

    You WILL accomplish your goal by 2014, I know it! And I can totally relate to the "home" answer. Mine sounded pretty similar haha. The joys of going to school out of state, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what fun getting to know you better. You have a really interesting story and I'm excited to read and know more!


    I just did this post on my blog today, but I really like the questions that you chose for people to answer!


    Just for fun (and because I'm procrastinating)


    1. Being an author/teacher of some sort?
    2. Hmm, difficult. I'm pretty happy with where I am at.
    3. My boyfriend, Tyler.
    4. Intolerance?
    5. T-shirt and comfy pants (jeans or yoga pants)
    6. To document my life, connect with others, learn and grow, teach too, and entertain myself and others
    7. a - alma mater, b - cookies/cake?, c - laughter of good friends, d - hmm, tough one! not sure!
    8. graduating college + being a tour guide + surviving first year of grad school
    9. i think we'd get along, for sure, but i'm not even sure how we would meet or what reason we'd have to hang out. (but i think once we were around each other enough, we'd become close friends again.)
    10. you know, i'm pretty happy right now. can i save this wish for a rainy day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. And yes, confidence is definitely something I try to work on. I feel it helps to sign up for different extracurriculars (alone, without a buddy!!) to kick start some confidence boosts. I end up meeting great people, new networks, and just learning how to speak out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I'll do it with your questions next week! Your #3 is like spot on for me. I really need to work on my confidence too, but it's getting better! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the picture of your inaugural class looked like the IUPUI student center! Welcome to Indianapolis! We can feel homeless together! I just moved here 2 weeks ago lol

    ReplyDelete