Weigh In Wednesday & Wedding Wednesday - Oct. 9th

Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Weigh IN Wednesday


Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!

Please go check out my sweet co-hosts & make sure to say hi!

Bailey @ Being Bailey J
Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

Another week has come and gone! I'm already in my 9th week of school which means I'm 1/2 way done with this semester! And I still feel like I know NOTHING! And I still feel like I'm struggling to keep my head above water. And I feel like I'm trying to rescue 3 struggling children (school, family/friends, and other commitments) at the same time...ok, this metaphor is going nowhere fast. Anyway...

So Weigh In Wednesday - back down to -21 lbs (I've been up the past few weeks). I decided to do a modified Advocare 24 Day Challenge (I didn't buy all the products...too expensive!) So I've eliminated as much processed food, dairy, alcohol, white floor, and other less clean foods as I can (I still allow a little dairy here and there but I've significantly reduced the amount of cheese/yogurt/milk I'm taking in). I'm hoping to jump start my weight loss again and get past this plateau while also getting ready for my upcoming races and clearing up my stressed out skin!  How is it possible for me to still have the skin of a 13 year old? Last week my face just exploded! I'm sure the stress isn't helping but I definitely think reducing dairy and gluten will help (these stimulate inflammatory responses in many people) - if it doesn't I'm planning a trip to the derm over winter break anyway.

I'll keep you all updated on the 24 Day Challenge - right now I'm doing the 10 Day Cleanse portion which is what I did over the summer. I ended up losing about 8-9 lbs (and keeping it off) so I'm confident I'll have good results again. I've already down about 3 lbs since Sunday when I started! I'm heading into exam week soon so hopefully I can keep it up!


Going with the theme of alliteration, today is my own personal Wedding Wednesday! I'll update you on how wedding planning is going and just briefly check in!

Wedding Planning: I'm going back to Cincinnati this weekend to see some venues and hopefully sit down with the priest at the church we want and nail down a date! Obviously, I can't do a whole lot of planning if I don't have a date in mind so once we have that finalized I think things will really start falling into place. The goal with all this planning is to keep it SIMPLE. Nick and I aren't big ballroom, fancy dinner type people - we are definitely going for a rustic, laid-back feel for the entire wedding. I don't want to share too many details just yet until we get the venue and date settled but I'm excited to start talking some details!


7 comments:

  1. Oh, wedding planning can be kinda stressful... my breakouts became worse and worse as I was nearing my wedding date, and as soon as the wedding was over, they started going away! I hope it won't be like that for you ;). Good luck with breaking the plateau, I'm sure you'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate with the stress breakouts! I am 23 but have the skin of a 13 year old! It is so annoying. I just went to the derm last month and got medication and a topical cream which seems to have helped a little.

    Hope yours clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl, the Advocare cleanse is the BEST! Also, when I did it and eliminated all the bad stuff my face broke out badly too. I just assumed it was from my body releasing all those toxins I have been holding onto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily @ Running Like A MotherOctober 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

    Excited to see what your results are from doing Advocare again! Good luck this weekend -- wedding planning is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss!
    When you meet with the priest you should set two dates. The first would be your preferred date. The second would be your backup in case the venues aren't available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you probably don't have much time, but I would highly recommend finding a copy of "A Practical Wedding" by Meg Keene. Or even having a close family or friend, or your partner, read it if you don't have time.

    ReplyDelete