Weigh In & Wedding Wednesday - October 30

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


Weigh IN Wednesday


Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!

Please go check out my awesome co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

If you're new to the link-up, please leave a comment & introduce yourself!


I'm not even sure where to start with this post! I don't remember how to blog since it's been about a month since I've made a proper post.

I guess I should start with an apology! I totally forgot about WIW last week. I apologize to all of you that missed out with no communication from me. Last week I had an anatomy exam and a science exam - both of which kicked my butt and caused me to forget how to do basic life skills like grocery shop, do laundry, and bathe. This week, I had an exam Monday and I have a practical exam on Thursday. Then, I get to two weeks to study and another exam. I'm literally drowning. 

That's med school, right? I really enjoy learning. I love the human body, I love my school, classmates, etc. The one part I hate is learning a bunch of stuff that I can't fit together to create a whole picture - I feel like I have tons of tidbits of information but I have no clue what to do with it. It's overwhelming but I'm sure we'll get to the big picture soon enough!

So, Weigh In Wednesday: I've been stuck losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for the past month or two and I knew it was time to switch things up! My friend from school convinced me to join a boot camp this month to avoid becoming marshmallows this winter!  We are doing Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays at 5:30 am before class for a month and then we'll see how things go from there! I'll probably freeze my gym membership in downtown Indy and rely on boot camp/the med school gym. I really only kept this membership so I could run downtown and get "free" parking. 






I have a few exciting updates regarding the wedding! The most important being the date: June 13, 2014! (Yes, that's a Friday!) We also have a venue picked out & we will hopefully be finalizing the church this weekend when we meet with the priest! I have lots of ideas but I probably won't be doing much other wedding work until Christmas Break. We also have engagement pictures scheduled for mid-November! Whew! 

These are pictures of the venue! We're going for a very rustic, vintage, slightly country feel (think burlap, lace, twine, chalkboards, DIY, shabby chic...Pinterest). Very laid-back and down to earth like us! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions (I'm not a fan of these chairs, one bit!)




9 comments:

  1. First, good for you for keeping up with your workouts even with the craziness of med school! I bet it actually helps clear your mind for a bit! Second, I LOVE that venue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask my friend when she gets back from her honeymoon to stop by so you can hook up with the country feel wedding décor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma @ Your Doctor's WifeOctober 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM

    So much fun! Love the venue and the themes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for doing anything at all while getting through medical school - especially blogging, working out, and planning a wedding! Makes me tired to think about all that! I just posted some easy and clean breakfast ideas if you're ever in need of suggestions. I know that when it comes to weight for me, the real difference on the scale is seen when I clean things up in the food department. Good luck with your next set of exams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that location for your reception! Beautiful!


    PS, I've never done a bootcamp, but I do want to try one. How are you finding getting up at 5:30am? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desiree Penton MarshallOctober 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

    Great job with the boot camp! I love the themes you've picked! Congrats on picking the date too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep pushing through med school. It gets better; second year is even more workload but for some crazy reason you can manage it better. The silver lining! Good luck and I'll make sure to link some stuff to you if I pass any shabby chic wedding inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'all are the cutest couple! And that church looks gorgeous.
    So I wanted to link up but it's already closed? Laaaaame! Anyway, good job keeping up with your workouts and everything with med school and wedding planning. I don't know how you do it!
    Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I was googling "wedding med school" you know because I have three exams on Tuesday and Sunday night before said exams I have wedding break down and found your blog! I'm a second year getting married on June 14 (4 days after STEP I). Your venue looks wonderful! The chairs aren't bad. With they right linens, they'll look a lot nicer. Anyway, per the exercise plus school thing, I was a professional dancer and yoga instructor before med school. Exercise and just staying in shape are important to me, although now that I'm a year and a half in, I've given up in staying in dancer shape and trying really hard to just stay in shape-ish. In a perfect world, I'd go to yoga 5x per week. I'd be calm and in great shape, but there is just no time for that. I've found the stationary bike plus a heart rate monitor works wonders and allows me to study when it's busy per test time or get my tv watching in when it's not horribly crazy. I like the heart rate monitor to make sure I keep up the intensity they whole time. Added bonus, if you use the handle bars that you have to lean in to, then it tones your arms a bit. My other goal is not to succumb to stress eating. When I was dancing I gave up high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, artificial dye/flavors. When I follow that, I feel great, but in school, sometimes a vending machine dinner is the best I can do. It is what it is. Current goal, no weight gain during STEP 1 studying, keep arms toned for wedding.

    ReplyDelete