Weigh In Wednesday: Feb. 12

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


Pretty Strong Medicine

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host:

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

If you're new to the link-up, please leave a comment & say hi!

Oh you know...just yo-yoing my way through life. 23 pounds lost total. Still trying to lose what I gained last week. Probably due in large part to it still looking like this outside:

Before starting to get down on myself, I decided to look back at how far I've come. This journey has been slower than I ever anticipated but I'm hoping that means it will last. I haven't taken "drastic" action to get where I am today but I've seen drastic changes in my life and my way of thinking. Below is me this summer (June ish?) and me this weekend.


In past weight loss attempts, I didn't do it the right way. I've tried every fad diet and I even had some not-so-healthy habits like severely restricting calories. It works, but clearly I gained it all back.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have to look for the non-scale victories and the progress you have made in all areas of your life in order to stay motivated. I'm letting my progress motivate me to kick it up a notch - there is so much to look forward to and I don't want to continue to be held back by my weight.

In other news, I decided to meal plan this week and prepare a few dishes ahead of time since I have my cummulative Neuroscience final on Monday. It's going to be a doozy. 



Kale & Tomatoes with Onions. I found the recipe on Whole Foods blog
because I had an entire bag of kale that needed to be eaten. It was really good cold although I'm sure you can eat it heated up. Kale is just not my thing so I'll probably stick to spinach in the future.


I also made delicious spaghetti squash with pasta sauce, basil pesto chicken sausage, spinach, onions, and mushrooms! Yummy.

Tonight I have a 5 mile run scheduled for the running club. It's going to be 24 degrees. Is it too much to ask for it to be like 40 degrees soon?  I'm so miserably cold!

Last, I got to play doctor yesterday. We're finishing up our Neuroscience block right now (kill me...I'll review it after we're done). But I did get to be a pretend neurologist and work with a standardized patient to practice my history taking and my neurological exam. I think it went well! I missed a few minor things but hopefully I'll get some great feedback!


So now I start the sprint toward my Neuro final - 3.5 hours, 140 questions and near 100 lectures. I might have one or two mental breakdowns before Monday - just hoping to keep my head above water. In the meantime, keep smiling!  Hope you all had a great week!

Don't forget to link up below and visit your fellow link-upers!










9 comments:

  1. Great job focusing on the NSVs in your life! They really are what we should all be focusing on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The differences in those photos are amazing! I've never tried kale, but I've heard good things about kale chips. I think that's next up on the grocery list. Good luck on your final!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the meal planning! Yes, NSV are definitely important to consider too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to leave a comment earlier when I linked up for the first time....... can you tell me how to post that picture on my blog wall? I posted the link on my blog but all that came up was the code, not the picture??? hmmm.... I need some wisdom. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your final! Great meal prepping this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I wish I had the willpower to meal plan and get meals ready for the week!


    I think I have that same stethoscope in blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that I just started blogging about my weight loss, but I know that planning has been key for me! I am impressed that you do so much, while going to school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You're progress is looking good! :) Way to go! And goodluck with school! :)

    ReplyDelete