Weigh In Wednesday - Feb. 26

Wednesday, February 26, 2014



Pretty Strong Medicine

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

If you're new to the link-up, please leave a comment & say hi!

This whole having an exam every two weeks is for the birds! I feel like as soon as I get caught up or have some time to breathe, it's time to study for another exam! Spring Break cannot come soon enough (for so many reasons) - not going anywhere but I have so many things to do! Bridal showers(not mine), a possible race, 500 doctor appointments, wedding planning, and my bachelorette party! I have a lot to get done before then.

Let's jump right in - weigh in! 


Height: 5'8"
Last week: 211.8
This week: 210.4
Loss: -1.4
Total Loss: -25.8
BMI: 31.9

I'm so close to a new decade, I can taste it! (And it tastes better than a vanilla bean cupcake with champagne). 

Not a dramatic change but I did go home this past weekend for Nick and I to do our Pre-Cana workshop (wedding prep for Catholics). Hoping to do a post about that! I tried to keep the eating in check but I did allow myself to indulge a little (not as much as usual!) 

Dewey's Green Lantern Pizza (my fave) -artichoke, goat cheese, red sauce, pesto, mushrooms!

And I got to see my buddy! 

In my defense, I tried something NEW on Friday. My aunt goes to a Crossfit gym back home. They were having an open gym so I decided to give it a try - awesome workout! My quads are STILL sore and I found a new love - the rowing machine! (I NEED one!) Running tends to make my hamstrings pretty sore and tight so it was nice to get a workout that really dug into my quads! Crossfit reminded me a little of bootcamp (although less social since the goal is to get it done as quick as possible). We would row, do a round of exercises like goblet squats, kettle bell swings, etc., row again, doing that round again, row, a different round of exercises, row, round 2, row. Quick and dirty! I wish I could find an AFFORDABLE Crossfit gym here in Indy but most of them are $100 a month! I like the personal competition aspect and that the Workout of the Day changes everyday - we all know I get bored!  Bottom line: loved it, will try again!

More news - I'm doing a 30 day fitness challenge with Adie over at Four Fit Sisters which starts on Monday, March 3 officially! I've been losing steam on weight loss the past couple months so I thought a challenge might be a good idea with the wedding quickly approaching. My first homework assignment was to calculate my Resting Metabolic Rate & take my before pictures & measurements.

RMR: 1860 (based on 35% body fat (I have an estimator), 24 yo, 68 inches high, 210 lbs)

Measurements (inches)
Waist: 36.5
Midway: 44.5
Hips: 47.5
Bust: 45
Arm: 14.5
Thigh: 29
Knee: 17

 

I'll have better pictures up next week. I feel like the mirror makes me look thinner than I am so I should probably have someone take them for me. 

One last thing - in addition to my running, I decided to add on Focus T25 with Shawn T!  Today I'm on Day 3 and it's pretty great so far. It's definitely not impossible but I'm still sore and get a good burn from it. (In my opinion I think you should add weights or some other routine to it as well but I've heard Day 3 is really hard - I'll keep you all updated!).


Time to get to work! I'm anxious to see how your weeks went!  We are almost out of this slumpy, awful winter. 

Am I the only one who belts this song out loud & proud?










12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss, will wait to see how T25 goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you ARE busy!! Kuddos to you for keeping it all together! Here's to getting to the 100s together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice loss! Good luck with your tests! I feel you on the gym thing. We only have a TINY (the size of my kitchen, and my kitchen is not big) one here, so it's not exactly something I want to go spend time at. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I totally belt out Let it Go. I also understand - weight loss is tough and it's full of ups and downs (literally), which is made even harder by the stresses of med school. Slow and steady, and you'll get there! Good luck on the exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Good job with the portion control, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loss is a loss! Congratulations! You've got a lot on your plate the coming weeks, but I'm sure you'll get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Your exam schedule sounds about like the weather! Great loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of research shows that the cardiovascular and physical benefits of losing weight comes from moving toward your ideal weight, not necessary being at your ideal weight. The health benefits don't just start after you've reached a certain weight. If you can consistently move towards a healthier weight, you'll already be getting some of the benefits of weight loss. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I accidentally commented this on an older post:



    A lot of research shows that the cardiovascular and physical benefits of losing weight comes from moving toward your ideal weight, not necessary being at your ideal weight. The health benefits don't just start after you've reached a certain weight. If you can consistently move towards a healthier weight, you'll already be getting some of the benefits of weight loss. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate 2 week exam schedules, I used to have them until last year when they flipped them to 3 week schedules. More content to cover, but at least the first weekend gives you a breather. (You can never win in med school, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you peel a banan with those toes?? Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love for you to link-up with me as well on Wednesdays!



    http://lovinjosiah87.blogspot.com/2014/02/weigh-in-wednesday-new-link-up-here.html

    ReplyDelete