Weigh In Wednesday: March 12

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


Pretty Strong Medicine

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

If you're new to the link-up, please leave a comment & say hi!

It's been a pretty crappy few days here.  After thinking I had avoided illness and proclaiming that I "never get sick" while my fiancee and friends were under the weather, a nasty stomach flu struck me at 5 am on Monday morning.  I can honestly say I haven't felt that bad since I was a kid - it was the terrible, awful.  Once the vomiting and other stuff ended, I pretty much didn't move all day and subsisted on Sprite and water.  Fever finally broke in the middle of the night and by Tuesday I was feeling a lot better - just dizzy and a bad headache (presumably from dehydration).  Today I'm still achy (pretty much everywhere) and lethargic but I'm feeling much, much better so I'm hoping I can make up for lost time and get stuff done today!  

Oh yeah, and I'm on Spring Break. whomp whomp. I didn't have any major plans for the week - just lots of doctor appointments - dentist, eye doc, etc. which I had to switch around. Wedding planning - I have my hair and makeup trial on Saturday which is when my friends will be coming for my Bachelorette Party! I was hoping to blog more but that seems to never workout.

The goodness in all this - weight loss!  Now I'm 90% sure this is due to losing water weight and not eating anything substantial for two days but a loss is a loss. 


Height: 5'8"
Last week: 210.4 (two weeks ago)
This week: 208.5
Loss: -1.9
Total Loss: -27.7
BMI: 31.7

I realized that I never came back and updated last week - it was a crazy week.  I was just coming off of a cardiology exam and preparing for a practical.  Pretty sure I was at 211.5.  

I don't really have much else to report so far because I haven't done much the past couple days. I am excited to be in the 200's - next stop is ONEderland!  

I'm really worried about my half marathon training though.  The past two weeks I haven't been sticking to my schedule and I've had a couple really bad runs where I just struggled.  I was hoping to get back up to speed this week but I'm thinking it's not a great idea to try to run while I'm still rehydrating and feeling dizzy/headachy.  I think today I'll do a low-intensity workout at the gym, maybe walk/run on treadmill and see how I tolerate it.  


I started compiling some wedding looks that I'm interested in! I would love your opinions!  I also decided that I'm going to keep my hair dark for the wedding. It's been a while since I had it blonde and I don't want to do anything drastic in such a short amount of time.

Hair
I have never had an up-do in my life so I don't really want to start at my wedding - I just don't think they would flatter my round face.  I love all of these looks!  Very flowy and laid-back but the braids and curls give structure.


Makeup
I love bold makeup and I love a beautiful red lip! I'm just not sure I want it for the wedding day but I'm strongly leaning that way.  I also love the more simplified smokey eye and nude lip - I would want to kick it up a few notches though since it's an evening wedding.



Thoughts? How do you get back into healthy eating and working out after being sick?






6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bold lip. Definitely think that's what you should do.


    Also, hair is beautiful! Love the soft waves and the half pulled back. I cannot wait to see your wedding photos, you gorgeous girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like the top left hairdo!! You'll look fabulous!!! Glad you are feeling better and congrats on the loss! No fancy tips on how to bounce back from illness, just get up and get moving and stop eating crap:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better and yay for the loss! Maybe do the smoky eyes and red lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think that's what I'll end up doing :) Go big or go home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Shannon! Very excited to see how it turns out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete