Weigh In Wednesday: September 10

Wednesday, September 10, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction
Erin @ She's A Big Star


Well...don't call it a comeback. 


Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 204.4
This week: 199.2
Change: -5.2
Total Loss: -37

Say what??? Ah I feel so much better now after getting off track for two weeks. I worked my BOOTAY off this week. It's been a long time since I've had such a successful week - I stuck to my macros, no binging or going crazy, and I made time for sometime of movement daily. 

That said thanks to IIFYM and approaching the week with positivity and balance in mind, I didn't FEEL deprived or miserable this week. I felt pretty great. I still managed to fit in some delicious Talenti Mint Chocolate Gelato a few night this week (just 1/2 cup), I still have some of the homemade chex mix and chicken noodle soup my mother-in-law sent as a treat, etc. Aside from these types of treats, I kept it pretty basic and clean - trying to get more vegetables by sneaking them in - spaghetti squash and zucchini as noodles and throwing veggies in my eggs or stirfrys. I'm trying to limit my dairy to one or two servings a day (dairy tends to be pro-inflammatory) with the ultimate goal of weaning back to just special occasions. 

I think the biggest change this week was adopting a kinder mindset about myself. I know I kind of wrote my weight gain off last week as purposeful and to some degree it was but I was still a little bummed about it. Instead of using the setback as a reason to engage in negative self-talk, I used it as motivation. I AM capable of more. I CAN run another mile. I AM worth working hard because the results will pay off in the end. 


As for today, I woke my butt up early and got my miles in this morning. Today is a long day and I won't be home from school until dinner time. I know that after dinner I'll need to study today's lectures because I have another exam coming up on Monday - this time it's EENT - Eyes, Ears, Nose, & Throat. Speaking of...did I mention I had a lovely URI all last week?  Yeah it was awesome not being able to breath - scratchy throat, sneezing, post-nasal drip that progressed to coughing and really messed with my sleep. Thankfully I usually only get sick once a year so hopefully that was it. Poor Nick got sick immediately after me - welcome to marriage! We share everything! 

This is another reminder to go enter my AMRAP nutrition bar give away - two posts below this one! I will be choosing THREE winners - each winner gets 8 bars in a flavor of your choice! Share with friends and family - these bars are delicious!!!


If you're anything like me, you get super bored doing the same workout over and over again. I love when people post what they do or give ideas of ways to mix things up. Here is a workout similar to what I did last night - I'll probably give it a try this weekend! 



How is your Sweatember going?
Would you like to see more of my workouts posted? What do you like to do?



9 comments:

  1. Eeekkk!! What an awesome loss and HELLO 100's!!! SO happy for you and proud of all your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What what!! You go, girl! I bet it feels amazing to move down to that next set of "10s"! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!! Great loss!! You're in onederland! Great job, all your hard work is definitely paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible loss and incredible attitude. You are right!!! You are so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome loss! Good job swapping the negative self-talk with motivation regarding your setback.

    ReplyDelete