Weigh In Wednesday: September 3

Wednesday, September 3, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction
Erin @ She's A Big Star

Week four of 2nd year - can't believe I've been in school for almost a month! Last Friday I had my final exam for Immunology and then we had a very exciting 4-day weekend to RELAX. I got a much needed highlight and haircut Friday afternoon and then the Luke Bryan concert with a bunch of people from school on Friday night. (I'm trying to avoid posting photos of friends on the blog...sometimes they slip in occasionally though!).





Saturday we deep cleaned the apartment and had a date night at Bub's Burgers. 

Sunday my friend and I started working on these wreaths until I ran out of burlap. Later that evening we went out to dinner/drinks with a few friends.



Bakersfield Margarita - been waiting for one since...forever!

On Monday, Nick and I went bedroom furniture shopping and FINALLY agreed on a dresser and night stand! Yay for Labor Day sales!

Can you see me?


Now for the bad news...5 lbs gained in two weeks. Do you like how I buried that beneath all the fun I had?

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Aug 20: 199.4
This week: 204.4
Change: +5.0
Total Loss: 31.8

Starting from last weekend (at home for the wedding) until yesterday, it's been a free for all.  I haven't exerted much control. However, all of my choices were purposeful - I knew the scale was creeping up.  I didn't go to the gym if I didn't feel like it and if I wanted a chicken quesadilla, I got it. I really don't feel too bad about it. 

For once in my life, I don't feel like a complete failure after gaining some weight. Why? Because it doesn't define me. I made the conscious decision to not stick to my plan and I saw the consequences of that decision. Does that mean I'm a horrible, terrible failure? No. 
It means it's time to buckle down and remind myself of my goals. 

Nick and I are back at the gym & cleaning up our eating again. Setbacks happen but it's how you respond that matters! 

Goat cheese & spinach stuffed chicken breast with a lil' bacon yums, asparagus, & a strawberry spinach salad with homemade balsalmic

My lunch: roasted potatoes with a tofu scramble (broccoli, peppers, onions, mushrooms)

Day 2 of September 30 for 30 with Four Fit Sisters - Haley & Adie!

New Haircut. No more Grinch fingers!

How do you bounce back from a gain?



4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the gain. These things happen, especially when you're busy and having fun. Glad you're back on track! Cute wreath! I love wreaths!! (and burlap lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gains are no fun but sometimes it's just the little boost we need to get our heads back in the game and jump back on track. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you already are back on track ;) I think for me it all depends on the reason the gain happened. If I chose to eat what I wanted because I have been doing really well for a long time and just need a break then it doesn't bother me as much. I get bothered the most by a gain due to just eating stuff I don't even care for that much. I guess I mean when I am in the food as opposed to enjoying the food. I love the balance you are creating in your life. You are doing awesome and having fun along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for not beating yourself up for the gain and essentially planning for it!

    ReplyDelete