Weigh In Wednesday - Jan. 29

Wednesday, January 29, 2014


Pretty Strong Medicine

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

If you're new to the link-up, please leave a comment & say hi!


Where to start? So much for that post last week...it looks as if my exam schedule is working out to at least one exam every two weeks for the rest of the semester which is bad and good. Good because it means I have less material on each exam (lol riiiight... 30 lectures or so) but bad because the "rebound week" after an exam means catching up on the 6-8 lectures from the week before that weren't on the exam (usually our exam material stops the Wednesday before an exam). Suffice it to say, this semester is turning out to be even crazier than last. Part of the difficulty is that we no longer have Anatomy lab - a) it was nice to get out of the lecture hall and move around for a few hours & b) anatomy lab would be REALLY helpful for our neuroscience course. Oh well, I must press on.


This for hours & hours...

Now for the good news! I lost 5 lbs since last week which brings the grand total to -25.4 lbs lost! I'm pretty ecstatic. I'm soooo close to a new "decade" which I will share with you all hopefully next week. I hate saying the number but I think it will propel me to the goal.

I've been eating pretty darn well - Nick was here this weekend so we did go out of sushi but I'm limited myself to two drinks. We did get pizza the next day (so I cheated on gluten & dairy & cleanness) but I made sure to supplement with an extra tough workout! 

One delicious dinner this week - red beans & spicy chicken sausage on corn tortillas, edamame, and lots of tomatoes! And hot sauce!

I've also been kicking up my running/workouts again as half marathon training has officially begun! I have my first club run tonight at 6pm since last week was canceled due to weather. I'm scared of how cold it's going to be! Hopefully I won't freeze to death.

 For dinner, I had rice noodles with tons of veggies (peppers, spinach, broccoli, onion) with baby shrimp & hot sauce, of course!
Had a little treat - I love these dark chocolate almonds from Trader Joe's! Last night I just did intervals on the treadmill to work on my speed & endurance.

School has really been a rollercoaster lately. There are days when I feel great - I have lots of energy, I feel like I'm understanding the material, and it all seems managable. Then the very next day I feel way behind, I feel like I'm never going to understand everything, and I have no clue how I'm ever going to treat a patient. I just feel sorta of lost. 

...but I know what love is. I love Forrest Gump!

Wedding stuff is getting down to the details - which I dread. We have all the major players in place but now I need to focus on the little things like developing a day-of schedule, picking centerpieces, figuring out who will be doing what, and finding transportation. I HATE details & I hate that I can't devote the time I would like to the wedding. I feel insanely behind on everything. I'm just hoping it will all come together - many of the med students I've talked to have said that you can't focus on the details or you'll drive yourself crazy. I'm trying to take their advice to heart but I feel like that is a HUGE part of this process.

I need your blog topic ideas! What do you want to hear about next? 

What are your goals for next month?




12 comments:

  1. I'm trying to work on weekly goals, so I can keep myself focused. For me, the long term monthly, yearly, etc. I find I can get discouraged if I'm not reaching them fast enough.


    Congratulations on the 5 pounds! That's awesome Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a great loss! Keep up the good work!

    I feel you on the school thing. Just looking at the photo of your lecture hall makes me wanna hurl. I hated every moment of university, and I'm 99.9% sure I'll never go back to school. I like my job where it is. Good luck with this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss this week! I want to complete Rockin' Body in February and gear up for the 21 Day Fix for March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing so well with your balance - you should definitely enjoy yourself, but then get back on track. You totally seem to be doing that :) What drinks did you have when you went out for sushi? And if you are to cheat, pizza is the best! HA! Hope all is well, love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel your pain girl. For me it's just the sheer amount of information, and trying to cram it all into my head. I feel like it's impossible. Our last exam covered 50+ lectures, and I just couldn't memorize sufficient details to feel 100% prepared. There really wasn't enough room in my brain. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should really read the book "A Practical Wedding". It will help you figure out which details to say EFF-IT to and which ones matter most to you two. If you don't have time to read it, maybe your fiancé or a family member can take notes and give you a summary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give you a lot of credit for planning a wedding while still in school! Both are pretty stressful!

    Keep your head up and keep up the exercise to reduce stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congrats on a great loss!! I'm just starting my half training too for my second half! Good luck w/ your training!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Good luck with your training as well! I'm hoping halfs become "my" distance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ashlee! It's definitely stressful - I just want it to be wedding time already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You want to find the complete information regarding the medicine you will find here.

    Click
    Here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, i want to share this testimony to the public about a great man who help me out in serious illness. I had HIV AID for good 5year and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the way my skin look like all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life was not interested to me any longer but I just pray for God every day to accept my soul whenever I’m gone lucky to me my kid sister ran to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure HIV/AIDS she helped me out on everything the man ask for my picture, so he can cast a spell on me from his temple after all he ask is done 45mins later I started getting more stronger my blood started flowing normally for 4 to 5 days I start getting Weight before a month my body start developing my skin start coming up after 2month I went for HIV test and I was tested negative I’m so happy that I can say I’m not a HIV patient if you have HIV/AIDS or any sickness please for your sake contact him for cure now on his email address: Drossuva@gmail.com or website: http://drossolution.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete