Weigh In Wednesday June 18 - Bridal Bloat Edition

Wednesday, June 18, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

I'm a married woman, y'all!


{I love everything about this}

Can I just say how HAPPY I am right now? The biggest stress of my life so far is over - everything went swimmingly and now we're back to "reality."

Reality hit HARD this morning when I weighed myself.  Starting with the rehearsal dinner and ending with tacos, fake cheese, & homemade margaritas last night, the past week has been a wedding-related free-for-all when it comes to food choices. 


I'm just going to leave this here.


Yikes.

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 201.2
This week: 206
Change: + 4.8
Total Loss: -30.2

You will notice I'm using a new scale {wedding present}. I'm compared it to my old one - that one has me at 204 (I've compared before and I'm always 2 lbs heavier on the new scale). Regardless of which one is right, I'm going with the new one. It's probably more accurate.

The weight gain I expected - that part doesn't bother me because I know I can lose it. Feeling bloated, fatigued, and having tummy issues for the past few days has NOT been worth it, however. It's amazing how much BETTER you feel when you are eating clean and working out. Right now I feel like a big ole blueberry.



Today is a new day - the hubby, husband, Hubs, whatever - is back at work so it's time I get back to work as well. Eating clean and good old fashioned hard work. 

{Good-bye friends}

{Good-bye Creamy Goodness}

This morning I went for a quick run - just a mile to gauge how my knees were feeling - it's been 1.5 weeks since my last half marathon and while the soreness has subsided, my knees are not feeling too friendly. Over the next week I'll be working back up to 3m-5m runs and sticking there for a while. No more long races until I start mini training up again in August.  

My next big goal for running is the Monumental Half Marathon here in Indianapolis on November 1st.  I plan to start training again at the beginning of August so for the next two months, my goal is to really LEAN out so I will be faster and lighter for my next half. I know carrying extra weight is killer on my knees and I want to be able to run for a LONG time.  Lots of cardio, lots of weight lifting, and some yoga/flexibility for the rest of the summer.  

{I should really work on my background choices}

Stay tuned for our wedding recap starting tomorrow - I have lots to share!


What are your fitness goals for the summer? 
How do you bounce back from a big gain?


15 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see more wedding pictures. You were a stunning bride! Now that the craziness of the wedding is over, you'll drop that extra weight in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bazillion congrats on your wedding!!!! yay!!!!!! and oh my goodness that blue dress is SO cute!!!! btw your teaser wedding pic is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, congrats you are married now!! :) You will get back on track. A wedding is a good excuse, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for the two of you:) And I am so impressed that you are back on the scales today!!! You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is my first time participating in the weigh-in Wednesday check in. Congrats on the wedding! And good job getting right back to it just days after. It took me months to get back on the horse after my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your wedding! I'm glad everything went as planned! Great job getting back to the healthy eating and exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um PLEASE tell me where you got that blue dress? GORGEOUS. ME WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh your wedding picture is beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were a beautiful bride! Congratulations!
    My summer goal is to reach the next milestone - weighing 150.2 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww many congratulations!!! The wedding pic is lovely!! :) I think you are allowed to let yourself have a treat, like you say the stress is all over now :) Relax and enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I had many, many treats, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Cassandra and good luck with your goals! You will get there

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought the dress last year at Macy's so I'm not sure it's available anymore :( I love it too but never wore it until now - it has the high/low things going on that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! It's been a struggle getting back to where I was - baby steps!

    ReplyDelete