Weigh In Wednesday June 25

Wednesday, June 25, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

Happy Wednesday, WIW family! Things are looking up around here - we're finally settling into our new life and routine & my motivation is better than ever after a few rough days.

This morning I did something I've haven't done in a few months now...I woke up at 5 am and I attended November Project! Now that I live about 20 minutes outside of downtown Indy (as opposed to 5 min or so) I've pretty much found every excuse not to attend since the end of April. 

Where's my head?

This week I've been doing a lot of "soul searching" and I realized I make A LOT of excuses. For some reason I have to have an explanation for everything instead of just letting my actions speak for themselves. I don't know where this desire to justify things came from but I do know that the excuses are coming to an end. Enough, already.

Just for fun, this week I took a fitness personality quiz on Bodybuilding.com. According to the quiz, everyone fits into one of four fitness personalities: the thinker, the feeler, the socializer, and the provider. Similar to the Meyer Briggs assessment. Here are my results:
  • 50% Feeler
  • 15% Thinker
  • 10% Socializer
  • 5% Provider
Clearly I'm a FEELER. After the quiz, they give you a neat little pdf that describes your personality type and how it relates to your fitness training. I was AMAZED at how accurate the description is - it describes me to a T. 

Feelers are extremely in tune to their environment and operate based on the "feel" of things - how they feels, if the situation is right, emotions and interactions with others, etc. I can't tell you the number of times I've felt so overwhelmed by the environment at the gym, the music, people around me, that I've just left mid-workout. I choose the foods I want to eat based on cravings and how I feel that day. I make half hearted workout plans and then change them based on what I feel like doing that day - it really is crazy and very ineffective.

Labeling the behavior and acknowledging it somehow legitimizes how I feel and makes it easier for me to identify when I'm actually doing these things! I hope by realizing how I'm responding and internalizing my environment, I can cut down the excuses and stick to my plan.  Here are a few of the "obstacles" Feelers may encounter:
  • Staying Positive - You are easily discouraged and get down on yourself.
  • External Influences Because you're sensitive to your environment, external events can easily impact your motivation. Things that happen at work or with your family can hinder what you do in the gym and sway what you choose to eat.
  • Comfort Eating - You tend to eat or drink out of comfort - snacking is a big problem. Feelers tend to have emotional ties to food because they associate food with positive memories and experiences {a million times yes!}
    • As an aside, I can tell you that I have planned binges based solely around foods my dad enjoyed - frozen pizza, chips, ice cream, etc. I call them "Remembering Dad Nights.". This part hit really close to home and made a lot of sense to me.
  • Hesistancy - You feel self-conscious or intimidated in fitness situations. You're afraid to extend yourself and try new things. 
  • Inconsistency - When you're enthusiastic, you train hard - maybe too hard. When you're not enthusiastic, you struggle to get to the gym at all. {YES!} Your approach to training is trial-and-error rather than a systematic plan {I rarely follow the plan}. I would also add that I'm definitely an "all-or-nothing" person.
I'm working on breaking these habits. My first challenge to myself to stay consistent with training and eating and rely on myself, not the environment, to dictate what I choose to do. At the end of the day, no one else can motivate me to do what I know needs to be done.


November Project and those stairs - they mock me.

So back to November Project! Today was race day where we do a prescribed workout as fast as you can while trying to improve from your last race day.  Today we did:

-up and over (up one side of the monument, down the other side, and back...a shit ton of stairs) -50 sit-ups -up and over -50 push-ups -up and over -25 mountain climbers -up and over -25 burpees -up and over

 I'll post my time when our leader posts it! It felt so good to be back in action - now I need to start to recruit classmates and friends to go with me. So far I haven't been very successful which has been disheartening. There aren't a lot of crazies out there that want to workout at 6:15 am but I remain optimistic. You really can't beat a FREE workout full of positivity, hugs, and high fives though!

Weigh In Time


Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 206.0
This week: 204.6
Change: -1.4
Total Loss: -31.6

Not a big loss, but a loss none-the-less. Nutrition continues to be my hamartia. We've had wedding food leftovers hanging around here which I finally decided to freeze and hide after indulging in one too many bites of mac and cheese. 


Speaking of nutrition, I have never been much of a Shakeology fan until now. My aunt sent me an almost full bag of it that she didn't want and I just decided to give it another try. The secret is to blend it with ICE. I've tried it just with almond milk in the past and it wasn't good AT ALL. Tastes change and I'm a big fan of this!

Shakeology Iced Mocha
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup of brewed coffee, cooled
1/2 c unsweetened original almond milk
1 c of ice 

blend and enjoy!

I don't see Shakeology being a daily event - I prefer eggs with veggies for breakfast but after a hard workout or when I'm on the run, it will be perfect! I'm so glad I gave it another shot!


That's all for now! More wedding story to come tomorrow but for now, enjoy another sneak peak! {I want my pictures already!} 
Do you like to workout alone, with a partner, or a group?

What is your fitness personality?


7 comments:

  1. Great weigh-in this week, you are doing an awesome job! And dayum, 5am! That is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm definitely going to be taking that fitness personality quiz. I have a feeling that I'm going to be a feeler like you because a lot of what you were saying I was nodding my head right along with it all. I would definitely be down to be recruited to workout with you at November Project! You can't beat a free workout. Now if only I was in Indy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I tried the Shakeology sampler in October I thought it was gross but when I did my March challenge I enjoyed it. A lot of people use it as an after workout beverage. Everything but water is after workout for me since I can't eat beforehand.
    What side of town do you live on? I'm on the SE side by 465 & 74.
    Awesome loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fitness personality quiz is difficult because I don't go to the gym. I workout at home with DVDs and/or walk. My results

    Personality Types

    Feeler: 35%
    Socializer: 25%
    Provider: 15%
    Thinker: 25%

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 45% on Provider. I don't go to the gym, so I had to pretend! :P Great loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got:
    55% Provider
    35% Feeler
    10% Thinker

    Congrats on the loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article! BTW, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out here: http://itseffortlyss.com/2014/06/30/is-this-seriously-happening/

    ReplyDelete