Weigh In Wednesday: October 15

Wednesday, October 15, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction



This. This is how my morning started. This is also one of the reasons I never eat oatmeal. I reduced the cooking time and it still exploded everywhere. Curse you, oatmeal! I don't even like you that much. Just didn't have time for my normal egg scramble today.

I'm posting WIW ON TIME & on the appropriate day...now that's progress! 

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 200
This week: 198
Change: -2.0
Total Loss: -38.2


The never ending saga of My Fitness Pal. I've been tracking for 3.5 years so you can literally see where I started my sophomore year of college (~193 although I was 173 going into my freshman year) to my highest weight and now this up and down battle I'm currently fighting. Interesting how you can literally watch your progress unfold before your eyes and still be blind to it.

So this week past week. I believe I had an exam last Wednesday (honestly, the days are starting to run together). That night Nick and I went to dinner at a Tex-Mex place in our little town called the Salty Cowboy. Just delicious and a well-deserved treat. 


This past weekend was great. I went home for the first time in a long while - like home-home where I live (not Nick's side of town) for my mom's birthday Haunted Hayride & dinner. We had a blast with everyone!  




I was glad we got to spend some time with family because the next few months are going to be rough. Especially December. Aside from the first weekend of November and Thanksgiving, I don't think we will be going home much at all until Christmas. Hopefully we'll have some visitors up here!

Even though I went home and relaxed (didn't get any formal workout in) I was still able to keep my nutrition pretty normal. When I indulged (like the BBQ brisket I had to lunch with my grandpa) I shared my sides with Nick and stopped when I was full. I think portion control really is the most important thing when you are out and about. You don't have to be miserable. Enjoy the foods you like (in moderation, of course) & then get back to your plan.



Went on a quick grocery run when we got home from Cincinnati on Sunday. Weekly staples include chicken breast, almond milk, eggs & egg whites, raw veggies like tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and snap peas, fruits like apples, bananas, frozen berries. Our fridge looks so unorganized here!

For our first meal prep of the week, I made a whole bunch of fajita chicken that I put over lettuce and/or black beans for lunch and dinner.  Later this week I plan to make a slow cooker pot roast with tons of carrots, onions, and potatoes! 

We also have a few leftovers from previous weeks in the freezer if we need to mix things up - chili that Nick made with lean ground beef, veggies, and beans & a spaghetti squash cassarole I made. 

In general I try to prep a big portion of food that we can heat up as leftovers and then freeze the other half. It's great for all your busy/lazy cooks!


My hint - make your own seasoning! There are recipes all over Pinterest for "clean" seasoning mixes. With those store bought packets you are often getting WAYYY too much sodium, MSG, and other additives. Plus I like making my own to my tastes - I'm big on spicy, garlicy flavors.

On Monday I started a new lifting program because I've been feeling a little lost after completing Erin Stern's Elite Body from Bodybuilding.com. It's hard for me to find a program I like - I need a good mix of cardio and weights. Cardio really helps me break a good sweat and keeps my endurance up! 

My new program is by Ashley Horner - Becoming Extraordinary. I already have her Pipehitter program but found that it was a little too advanced for me at this stage of the game. I'm hoping BE will get me prepped to do Pipehitter at the beginning of the year while I start half marathon training again. 

So for now my workouts are focused around BE (which includes running!) and my 10K training schedule. 


Today is scheduled to be an off day but I plan to do something low-key like PiYo to stretch my muscles. I'm super sore after just two days - just got my flu shot too so that has my arm even more sore! (Get your flu shots people - especially if you are around kiddos, very sick people, or elderly).

Yesterday during my workout I was kind of disappointed with how much endurance and strength I had lost from only working out sporadically the past few weeks. If you don't use it, you really do lose it! Time to get back up to speed.


Do you follow a workout program? What's your favorite?



14 comments:

  1. I always find the key to porridge is to microwave it for 2 minutes, stir and then put it back in for a further minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loss! I am currently doing P90, since we don't really have a decent gym on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I've had that happen with my oatmeal--it sucks! I've finally mastered the art of timing though! 90 seconds, and then stop and another 30 seconds for mine!! No explosion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do lots of Beachbody programs. I switch it up so I don't get into a rut but some of my favorites are P90x3, 21 Day Fix, and Brazil Butt Lift. I love getting in a short, intense workout since I don't have a ton of time. Awesome loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't follow a workout program unless you count C25K. I would be really interested in trying a workout program but have no idea where to begin in finding one that suits my very beginner level. Are the ones you're using free? Any suggestions on a program I can do at home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oatmeal has exploded like that many times....at work of course. Great job sharing your sides with Nick and stopping when you were full! I'm currently doing the workout from New Rules of Lifting for Women MWF. TR I do a workout from one of my DVDs. Saturday/Sunday is reserved for Yoga or resting, depending upon how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great workout schedule! I have the New Rules of Lifting book but I've never done the workout - maybe I'll do that after Pipehitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. C25K definitely counts! No, the programs I'm following are not free unfortunately. I paid a pretty penny to get access to them but there are many great programs out there! I highly recommend bodybuilding.com - they have many free programs geared to all fitness levels. Maybe check out Jamie Eason's Fit trainer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love Beachbody programs! My favorite is Turbo Fire but I was thinking of purchasing Les Mills Combat for the winter when I dont want to run. Do you have a Beachbody coach?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can't wait to see how P90 goes for you! I thought about purchasing but I do most of my programing at the gym now and really only do home workouts when its too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually am a coach with Beachbody. Have been for a little over a year now. :)

    ReplyDelete