Weigh In Wednesday: October 8

Thursday, October 9, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction
Erin @ She's A Big Star

***This is from yesterday - it never published! Blogger fail***
Same story, different day. Just got back from my mid-system exam - Gastrointestinal & Hepatic Systems. I officially get a break from exams for at least 10 days and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately exam fatigue really set in this go around and I have a feeling I didn't do as well on this exam. With two exams last week, I felt super behind on this material and just not very confident. 

Exam Chic - the latest in comfy exam clothes, including hipster glasses. 
Ah! My mirror is dirty! Can't wait to clean.

I have lab this afternoon for OMM so it's all about being comfy and being ready to get half naked in front your classmates at a moment's notice (we practice techniques on each other...It's not too uncommon to be walking around in your sports bra - modesty really goes out the window). 


This was my living room last night whilst in study mode. Med students, we nest. Got my blanket, seven bowls and cups, books, lecture notes, white board, computers...this is why we can't have nice things.

I forgot to weigh in this morning but as of last night, I was right at 200. Hovering at this number I hate! Like I said last week, nutrition and working out has taken a bit of a backseat with everything going on at school. I'm excited to get back on track today! I'm running a 10K on Thanksgiving so I'm starting to run again - following a Nike training program on the Nike+ app.

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 200.6
This week: 200
Change: -0.6
Total Loss: -36.2

This weekend I'm going home to celebrate my mom's birthday but I plan to get my workouts in (I love running at home in the weather!) and try to keep the indulgences to a minimum. I will be going to the Apple Farm to get some yummy apples and maybe even some cider :) 


I think I said recently that Nick and I have been going to the gym together a lot. Now Nick has started running when we go to the gym which makes me excited! I'm hoping one of these days he will run some races with me - I'm trying to convince him to sign up for a 5k/10k together soon!  

I remember the first summer that we were dating and we tried to go running together. It lasted maybe five minutes. It was humid and I was super self-conscious. I didn't want him to see me sweaty or gross or breathing too hard. I didn't want to seem out of shape (even though I was) or lazy. I love how much that has changed - I not afraid to kick butt when we workout together. I want him to see my working hard so we can motivate each other and be healthier for each other, too! Just more motivation to grab your partner or a friend and get to work!

Here's an AMAZING lunch I had yesterday - crockpot chicken with a little homemade BBQ sauce, spinach & kale bites, and leftover smashed potatoes. 

Since it's about my halfway point of the semester, I'm going to do a recap post after I sum up my goals for September and set some for October - tomorrow. #worstbloggerever

If you are interested in following my journey a little more closely or just want to connect, add me on Twitter or Instagram. There's where I do my best work ;) 
@prettystrongmed for both!

What is your favorite form of social media? 

2 comments:

  1. Great job getting a loss in this week! I'd like the recipe on those spinach and kale balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loss :) I hope your exams are all going well!

    ReplyDelete