Weigh In Wednesday October 22

Wednesday, October 22, 2014




The Hump Day Blog Hop

Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-host!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

It's the first frost of the year and it's a little chill today! I love bundling up all snuggly for school today...ask me how I feel about this in about a month. I'll be over it!

Just wanted to do a quick update today before class starts - I'm coming off a very stressful period of exams and now I get about two weeks of cautious relaxation before another written exam. I took the past two days "off" - basically lightly studying and getting my life back in order. Ya know, meal prepping, doing laundry, trying to make sense out of a billion papers, emails, etc. that I've gotten behind on. It's never ending!

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 198
This week: 197.6
Change: -0.4
Total Loss: -38.6

Not a big change this week but at least the scale is working towards the right direction, especially in light of this past weekend! So close to 40 lbs lost and I'm determined to get there next week. I'm gonna work my butt off this week to get there!

I'm sad to admit that most of my weekend was devoted to studying except for a minor blip of fun - the school fundraising Gala! We got to get all dressed up and have a fancy dinner with other med students, doctors, and community leaders - a really great time!



Again, during exam weekends I don't make a great effort to workout when I'm super stressed (even though that's probably the best thing for me) and my nutrition tends to suffer...Nick and I may have killed a bag of Lay's and a frozen pizza, among other things.

When these bad weekends happen, we get back on track a lot more quickly than in the past! Nick made an awesome pot roast on Sunday:


And I started prepping meals for the week yesterday - more oven baked chicken fajitas, egg white bites, and tonight I'm prepping sweet potatoes and an acorn squash! 


I got a really great workout in last night - Week 2 of Becoming Extraordinary! I actually did Sunday's workout because it was Crossfit style and I was getting a little bored with the standard lifting program. I'm super sore but feeling great today! 


Finally, a little note of encouragement for you. Remember you are enough. No matter where you are in your journey, you have to love yourself just as you are right in this minute. I struggle with this so much - I hold myself to really high expectations that I dont often meet which really plays into my self-confidence and worth. Regardless if I win or lose, succeed or fail, I try to love myself through it. It's a work in progress but I need to get to this point in order to feel happy when I finally reach my goal! I'd love to hear your thoughts!





6 comments:

  1. I can't get over how gorgeous your dress is. You look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! Progress is progress regardless how small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two look cute! I love making pot roast on a chilly weekend day. Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. You are seriously gorgeous! I am a doctors wife so I can kind of relate to the medical side of your blog. Glad I found you-looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pot roast looks good! You look awesome and very fallish. I'm totally over fall already. Is it Jan yet so I can go on vacation? Great loss too :)

    ReplyDelete