Weigh In Wednesday -- November 5

Wednesday, November 5, 2014






We have a new look to our link-up today! I'm so excited - Ash got all creative on us and really spiffed things up! Make sure you add the new link to your pages and let me know if you encounter any problems. I'm a novice coder.

Doing a quick weigh-in today. Things are back to where I was after the small gain despite it being an exam weekend. I started wearing my FitBit again and its disturbing how little movement I get during a study day. I've really been tring to make myself get up every 30 mins or so just to walk around (really dance around) or just do some laundry. Any movement to help outweigh my sedentary lifestyle. I wish I had one of those treadmill desks! Once I know the material decently well, I do start to write at my whiteboard so at least I'm standing and moving about!

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 199.2
This week: 197.6
Change: -1.6
Total Loss: -38.6





I have a very thoughtful husband that keeps me well-fed when I'm busy!  Am I the only one who NEEDS to start the day with lots of protein & fat?  I've found that eating a bowl of oatmeal/cereal or similar carb heavy breakfast leaves me feeling hungry just an hour or two later. This is one of my favorite breakfasts - scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and bacon! It's not an everyday choice (bacon is a weekend treat because I bake it in the oven) but generally I eat eggs and veggies more days than not!

I just started Week 4 of Becoming Extraordinary which is essentially the same workout during weeks 4-7: muscle group splits plus running (my schedule is on last week's post).  I don't always follow the schedule exactly - sometimes I switch up the order or I swap out exercises. I add extra weight when I can and I'm really just trying to build up my endurance. 



Last night I decided to do legs (normally on Friday) and I found that I was really starting to get pooped near the end of my workout.  I struggle with whether or not to eat before a workout but I may start adding a small snack before the gym. Maybe half a rice cake with PB or half a banana - just a little free glucose for my muscles.  The last thing I want is to be super full when I'm trying to run but I also don't want to be losing stream midway through a good workout.

 Speaking of losing steam...I got crazy on Friday and signed up for the Flying Pig Half marathon again for May 2015.  But that's not all. I decided I really wanted to PUSH myself so I signed up for the Skyling Chili 3-Way Challenge!  This means I will run the 10K & 5K (in that order) on Saturday & then run the half on Sunday for a total of 22.4 miles.  Essentially what I plan to do is train for a half marathon - probably using Hal Higdon's Intermediate schedule - and make sure I'm running many days back to back so I get used to "streaking."  I realize with all this running that my lifting may suffer some but I still plan to use it as my cross training.  

The plan is to start "official" training at the end of January and possibly run a tune up half in April (thinking the Hoosier Half Marathon in Bloomington) so I can get used to running hills. I'm excited for the new challenge (& all the awesome swag...because I really just run for the medals). 


Speaking of running - Upcoming Virtual 5K

Mark your calendars because Ash, Erin, and I want to invite you all to participate in our Virtual 5K on Thanksgiving Day! We know everyone will be enjoying turkey with their families and hopefully lots of other yummy foods but it's also important to balance that out with some movement! You can walk, run, jog, or crawl, whatever works for you! 

We will have more details to follow - including some prizes for participants - very soon!

Are you interested in participating in our Virtual 5K on Thanksgiving Day? Will you challenge your family to participate with you?




8 comments:

  1. I would totally do a 5k on Thanksgiving! Gives me something to look forward to! Great loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look is cute! Congrats on the loss this week. I'm on my feet a lot on Thanksgiving, preparing the dinner for just the two of us. I'm sad to say that we STILL have turkey leftover from last year! I'm curious how this virtual 5K works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awfully nice of your husband to make sure you eat while studying. Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have protein too! Every meal really or I feel like I'm starving within and hour!

    Nice loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loss! I'm totally in for the 5K I need to run one before the year is over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm delighted to have found your blog. Congratulations on your weight loss. My mantra is "slow and steady wins the race." So far I'm down twenty...with many more to go. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just ask that you take a sweaty photo and post it to social media or email one of us :) nothing too major. Just want to get you moving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey boo hey--love that headband:) I'm excited for the 5K!!

    ReplyDelete