Weigh In Wednesday: Nov 19

Wednesday, November 19, 2014






The Hump Day Blog Hop


I'm just gonna get right to it today. I stayed exactly the same as last week.

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 199
This week: 199
Change: 0
Total Loss: -37.2

When I woke up and hopped on the scale this morning, I was feeling great. I felt that familiar soreness from working out the night before - which was a home workout using Dailyburn.com. In addition, I've been hitting my calorie/macro goals, even with a few treats here and there. But still, no movement.

Buns, Hips, & Thighs + Metabolic Hip Hop last night -- too cold to leave my house :/


I thought to myself, "but I was 197 yesterday!" How does hitting my calorie goal and burning an additional 500 calories or so equate to two pounds GAINED?  BOOM. There's my problem. Wake up, Heather! You are being ruled by the scale again. 

The whole point of WIW is for accountability and to keep track of my progress. It isn't to give myself a complex about the scale. There is no reason for me to weigh myself MULTIPLE times a day. I certainly don't want to go down that road again - restriction and binging, that is. I just want to focus on eating healthier and getting more movement into my day (not just workouts). 

I don't know what the BEST course of action is. I feel like if I don't weigh in, I'm losing my accountability. If I do weigh in, I constantly stress about it.  As someone who has a pretty crappy body image already, scale victories or defeat tend to infiltrate other areas of my life, too. 

I think it's time to take a step back and realize my whole goal here is to be HEALTHY and HAPPY, not reach a certain number.  Maybe by focusing on fueling my body and training with purpose, I will start to embrace those goals again. In addition to diet and exercise, I need to continue to focus on getting enough sleep, water, and quiet time. Unplug and unwind. 

Finally, I want to end with this quote that I found last night. I love it because I think we all have a tendency to compare ourselves to other people, maybe even get a little self-righteous if we are further along in our journey than others. 


What an excellent thought...the only person we need to be better than is who we were yesterday! Let's get out there and make it happen today!

Do you have a favorite quotes? 



6 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't see what you wanted to on the scale. I usually feel like a STS week on the scale means that your body is adjusting. Muscle/fat are shifting and maybe it didn't show on the scale but maybe it did in inches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to not step on the scale and even harder to not analyze what you see if you do step on the scale. I have a love/hate relationship with that little piece of equipment. Like you, I think it holds me accountable because I have an actual number to base my success off of. But the more rewarding feeling is putting on a pair of jeans that were once too tight but happen to fit. We just have to keep going and eventually the scale will have to say something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up!! Maybe you should focus on a non scale victory this week.. right now I am trying to do eating 5-7 servings of veggies each day before I have any processed food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many great quotes it's hard to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scale is a damn bitch, HERE HERE! Just getting doing what you're doing and you're right, don't be ruled by the scale. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I am so there with you this week, and actually brought up a similar discussion in my post. I just don't want to eating my calories in junk (which I have been doing lately) and then be happy because the scales go down. Or be doing freakin awesome and taking really good care of myself and upset because I gain. It is hard to keep it in perspective. You are doing so awesome. I thank you for continually posting and sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete