Weigh In Wednesday November 12

Wednesday, November 12, 2014






The Hump Day Blog Hop
Holy crackers and soup....is this THREE posts in a row? Must be a new record. If you usually only stop by for WIW, please go check out my post about the Thanksgiving Virtual 5K - we would love to have as many people participate as possible! Anyone can do a 5K -- my grandma and my great aunt walk a 5K multiple times a week. As a child learning to crawl, I probably crawled a 5K...ok that's silly. My point is, this is very doable! And if you grab some friends or loved ones, it's sure to be a good time. Beats arguing over the TV remote, amirite?



Speaking of Thanksgiving...just received this in the mail a couple days ago - my bib for the Thanksgiving Day 10K. It was the perfect motivation I needed to get my training back on track (I haven't been running outside much....just whatever is part of my workouts). I feel like the treadmill really messes with my running so it's best for me to go outside. I hate being cold. Grrrr. I'm also tired of relying on my Nike app to calculate my mileage. I think it's time to invest in a Garmin watch (**hint hint Christmas**)  I no longer have unlimited data on my phone service so I worry that running is gonna send me over as well.

So weighing in...I expected to gain a little bit after the weekend home. There was wedding food & cake, family dinners, and not a lot of working out. I did catch up on a lot of sleep - like going to bed at 10:30 most nights and sleeping until 7:30 or 8. It was heavenly and much needed! Not worried...back to the grind!


Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 197.6
This week: 199
Change: +1.4
Total Loss: -37.2

Meal prepped for the week (first half of the week...) which is probably my FAVORITE meal ever. Green beans, potatoes, polska kielbasa (the good kind), and a very healthy serving of saurkraut which is not pictured. I think I could eat this most days and be happy.


For a treat this week, I made some chia protein pudding to satisfy my after dinner sweet tooth. 2 TBSPs of chia seeds, about 1.5 cup of plain coconut/almond milk, & 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Vega) = two servings of delicious! I let the chia seeds and milk soak overnight and then add the protein later.


I think I missed the pretty autumn scenery window...the leaves are mostly gone and the trees are bare...winter is right on the horizon. Go away, cold weather! We don't want you. 


Yesterday's weather was actually pretty balmy - I definitely had too many layers on. I busted out 4 very sluggish, unenthusiastic miles right before the rain started. Perfect timing.


After getting some studying it, I realized I wasn't getting tired enough to go to bed so I headed to the gym for a little WOD action - the Fallen 15 WOD in honor of Veteran's Day. I definitely modified some of the moves - I'm not comfortable doing a "power snatch" yet (LOL) so I did a clean and press. I attempted handstand push ups and then switched to regular ones :) It was a great workout! Not on my Becoming Extradordinary program - honestly I'm getting bored with it and can't wait to start a new week. For about 4 weeks its been the SAME moves...not a fan. I need lots of variety or I do this and deviate. Boo.


Time for me to run...two exams on Friday so I need to hit the studying grind hard. Can't wait for the weekend!





3 comments:

  1. I too get bored when it's so many weeks of the exact same workouts. Gotta have that variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog (hey!). You look great!! I can not wait until there is a "1" in front of my weight. I love seeing other people that have done that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you prepare your meals, I should do something like that when I am preparing meals for myself when my husband works. Good luck on the studying!

    ReplyDelete