What is November Project?

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Yo! I promised this post like two weeks ago so here it finally is! If you've been following along for the past month, you're probably wondering what this November Project is that I keep talking about...

It's pretty damn cool.


NP was started in Boston as a way for the founders to stay fit during the cold winter months. The concepts are simple - accountability, positivity, encouragement, fun, FREE FITNESS. That's right, November Project is completely, 100% free which basically means that if you are within a reasonable distance to where groups meet, there are no excuses!  It seems like everything costs money these days.

What I love about NP is that it is open to ALL fitness levels. I am definitely more in shape now that I've ever been in my life but I'm still working. I'm pretty slow. I'm not where I want to be strength-wise but anyone can modify the workouts to their ability levels. 

Another thing I love about NP is that people are FRIENDLY, ENCOURAGING, and freaking HILARIOUS!  I actually look forward to workouts because everyone stays positive and helps each other out - whether its a high five or an end of workout hug, you know everyone is supporting you and wanting you to do your best.  

Ever since I moved to Indianapolis, I've been missing boot camp back home. I had yet to find anything comparable to this in Indy that didn't cost me my first born child until NP. 

Praying to the Gods of Squat

So what do we do? Depending on the day, we do a workout for 30 min to an hour. Lots of stair running (ugh...hate it!), body weight exercises (squats, pushups, burpees, mountain climbers), and we end with fun group pictures!


Membership is simple. Just Show Up. I was introduced to NP via my friend Marguerite (who keeps me accountable). She currently lives in Washington DC and suggested I give NP a try since she knows I write this blog and am on my fitness journey. I contacted the leader on Twitter and made plans to attend the next session. From then on, everyone has been so great!  They welcomed me with open arms (literally...HUGS all around)



So where can YOU get involved? The current locations can be found on their website. If they don't have one in your city just yet, you can always start one!  Go for it.  


NP is all about building community, promoting fitness, and being accountable. I'm sure there will be much more NP in the future for me and I can't wait to see the Indianapolis chapter grow! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Awesome idea and group!
    I'm shocked there isn't any in the Austin area, it is always listed as one of the fittest cities.

    I'm impressed with you seeking something out though, that is where I fall short. Finding and following through with new groups. I end up doing everything solo, but sometimes it would be nice to find a friend or two.

    ReplyDelete