Weigh In Wednesday: April 30

Wednesday, April 30, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

Time sure is marching on - I just finished another round of exams for Pulmonary and now I'm finishing up the year with Renal and a TON of practicals. ONE MONTH. Which means six until the wedding. AHHHHH! Freak out mode!

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 205.6
This week: 204.2
Loss: -1.4
Total Loss: -32



Another small loss, but a loss none-the-less! Inching closer and closer to that big 199 goal. I'm starting to see differences finally - mostly in my clothes. My jeans are getting looser, my tops are fitting better, and my energy levels are increasing. It's not a dramatic difference but at least I finally feel like I'm seeing results!

The past two weeks have been taper weeks - less mileage and more moderate activity. Today and tomorrow will be my last runs before my mini on Sunday. Then I plan to do yoga on Friday and Saturday, maybe a light workout on Friday. The nerves are officially setting in. I KNOW I can do this. I just hope everything goes in my favor. 

Secretly, I know I'm scared that I will get injured - my foot or my knees - something will go wrong and I'll have to stop working out until I heal. I don't want to lose momentum going into the summer - not when I'm finally building consistency. 

Self-doubt creeps in - Did I train enough? Did I skip too many short runs? Will I be able to handle the hills? Will I finish? All I can do now is do my best! Run, walk, or crawl, I'm going to drag myself across that finish line. I will finish.

This past weekend, we had LOTS going on and I finally got a break! After my exams on Friday, I decided to freshen up my hair color and start the process of going blonde again. I want to be blonde for the wedding because I've been brunette for a while now and I was blonde when Nick and I first met. I've been coloring my hair since 8th grade - this might be the first time I've actually seen my natural color in years but oh well! Later that night, a few of my friends and I went to see The Other Woman - it was a great girls night! 


On Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early to go run my medical school's 5K we sponsored in conjunction with the Health and Fitness Expo.  I'll recap this race in a later post because I'm quite excited! 

Saturday evening Nick came up to Indy because we were going to go apartment hunting and look at furniture for the big move in two weeks! Most of Sunday was spent furniture shopping and Monday morning we went to see our possible future apartment. Everything is coming together! 

When Nick comes to visit, I try to flex my chef muscles so he won't be worried about starving to death (and he needs to get used to my "weird" eating.) I'm not Julia Child but I'm getting there...

Eggs with veggies and salsa chicken, greek yogurt with strawberries and almonds.

My new favorite meal: salsa chicken, avocado, lots of hot sauce, and a side of veggies!

Hope you're having a great week!  Whatever your goals are, keep going!







9 comments:

  1. You're going to be such a beautiful bride! I dyed my hair back to blonde for my wedding too!


    Kick ass in the half. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss! I think you look better as a brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss!! That is such a beautiful picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the weight loss and just balancing everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I also love your chicken topped with avocado idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss! I love it when my clothes start fitting better, getting bigger and bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congrats on the loss! A loss is loss and it adds to your awesome total! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good loss girlie! I am getting nervous that my half is next month I can only imagine how I will be when it is this close! You will do great :)

    ReplyDelete