Weigh In Wednesday -- April 29

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pretty Strong Medicine

Well, today was a double FAIL. Forgot to write a post AND left my computer at home when I went to study this morning. I'm on a roll, aren't I? 

Nothing too exciting to report here anyway...except I'm officially done with classes! For the past two weeks we were completely various cases and presentations with our small groups for "problem based learning." It was super helpful to be able to tackle complicated cases with a group of friends but I am SO glad it's over! PBL took a lot of time away from my boards studying so I'm anxious to get caught up.

Speaking of boards...the next 6-7 weeks are completely devoted to studying for COMLEX & USMLE. I'm scheduled to take both at the beginning of June, one week apart; COMLEX is first.

Things are stressful but I'm looking forward to zeroing on boards for the next few weeks. I will also be able to really focus in on my nutrition and workouts - no excuses, right? Just in time for wedding season and our belated honeymoon trip at the end of June! 

Last day of PBL means donuts & coffee :)

Boards. Boards. Boards.

As far as WIW goes, I'm SLOWLY getting back on track. Down another pound this week :) My nutrition certainly isn't perfect but I'm trying to get back to a good equilibrium. The problem with Crossfit is that it makes me SO hungry! Well really, any type of weight lifting leaves me hungry so trying to eat in a deficit is a struggle - usually I end up eating more around maintenance. 

Sometimes I want to rush the process and go super strict just to get the remaining weight off. Losing 20 lbs in a month would be AWESOME but I know that I would also be sacrificing muscle tissue and could potentially do damage to my hormones/metabolism. Slow and steady wins it.  

Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 190.6
This week: 189.6
Change: -1.0
Total Loss: -46.6

So, I will continue to do the best I can to eat for my goals and fuel my training properly. Be patient, put the work in, and adjust accordingly.

A typical meal for me - I'm trying to make veggies the main course instead of my starches.

Sometimes a girl just want's some yummy fish!

Training wise, I've been going to Crossfit 3 times a week, gym once or twice a week, yoga once a week
, and then I fill in with runs when I can. This weekend is supposed to be my half marathon but I really just don't feel comfortable running it at this point. My back is still not healed 100% and I haven't been following my training program like I would have hoped - things just got crazy at the end of the semester. 

I'm planning to run the 10K on Saturday, though! I'm super disappointed with myself but there will be many more half marathons in the future! My number one goal is to get my back to a happy, healthy place.












No comments:

Post a Comment