WIW April 22

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pretty Strong Medicine


Well last week was a major FAIL. Whoops. I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately but perhaps I can shed some light on that.

Obviously I don't really blog all that much anymore in between WIWs. I feel like when I do make time to write, my posts are very one note and usually contain the same information - I'm busy, I workout, I eat things, here's my plan, etc. I sure hope once I start rotations, I will have more interesting things to say! Please bear with me for the next couple of months! 

I think at times I have portrayed the image that I have a great life balance. People have reached out to me in various ways to suggest that I appear that way at least. You don't know how far from the truth that is! 

I doubt this comes as a surprise to anyone but medical school is REALLY hard. And not even in a conceptual, learning way. I mean in an emotionally draining, randomly bawling your eyes out, crazy existential crisis kind of way. The emotional struggles that accompany this journey seem to be culminating around this huge mountain in the not so distant future - boards. 



Right now I'm stuck in med school purgatory. I'm not quite finished with my classes but really need to be dedicating my full time to board prep. It's some type of awkward limbo and I really over it! Just let me STUDY!

As far as the other areas of my life, my weight was holding pretty steady the past few weeks at around 192. I guess the good news is that I'm getting really good at maintaining my weight :) Today I weighed in at 190.6 so I'm starting to make progress again. Even though the scale isn't moving as fast as I would like, I'm continuing to see progress at Crossfit - lifting heavier and heavier, getting more efficient, etc. Now I need to get my running game on track (although I'm getting faster there, too!). 

Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last Week: 192
This week: 190.6
Change: -1.8
Total Loss: -45.6

Been meal prepping lately as well - I'm so behind on recipes but I will try to share some new ones for you all soon!

Crockpot pork - easy peasy!

Tomato artichoke soup!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have PBL (problem based learning) to attend and a whole bunch of studying to do! 


What are your favorite quick and easy meals?





No comments:

Post a Comment