#fuelyourbetter - Vega Sport Review

Thursday, July 31, 2014

***Disclaimer: The following post is a review for Vega Sport. I was given the opportunity to participate in this review through my Sweat Pink ambassadorship and was provided with a package of pre-workout packets to sample for this review.  I received no other compensation and the opinions expressed in this blog about this product are 100% my own honest, unbiased opinion.***

I'm a firm believer in eating close to the earth and fueling your workouts with wholesome, healthy foods. Even so, as I increase my training schedule and continue to progress in my fitness goals, I have started looking for ways to improve my workouts. I need some energy - especially because, as I've mentioned before, I'm NOT a morning workout person. I fear that med school is going to force me to adopt an early schedule. 

I recently had the opportunity to try the new line of Vega Sport Pre-Workout Enhancement. If you aren't familiar with Vega, they are a company that formulates products that are plant-based and nutrient dense. They strive to minimize contact with common allergens in their products such as gluten, dairy, and soy.

Earlier this year, I also had the opportunity to try out their new line of nutrition bars which I reviewed here. Sometimes you just need to rely on a few quality products in a pinch - we're all so busy! 



 The pre-workout comes in two awesome flavors - acai berry and lemon lime. I tested the acai berry. What I liked most about the pre-workout was that there wasn't an artificial taste or after taste. At 70 calories a packet, I don't rely on the product daily but I found it to be an excellent add-on for early morning workouts or mid-afternoon when I'm energy deficient. 

Unlike many other pre-workout products, Vega Sport didn't make me feel jittery or highly caffeinated. I felt a  boost of energy - just enough to feel amped for my workout but not enough to feel out of control.  The best part? No post-workout crash that accompanies many other products that are loaded with sugar and caffeine. 

There is a little skill required to get the product to fully incorporate into your beverage of choice (I suggest just water). For best use, add to room temperature water and stir, stir, stir! Feel free to add ice after the product has dissolved. Drink it down and get your workout on!

I don't make a habit out of using a pre-workout supplement but I highly recommend Vega Sport if you are in a slump and need a little kick to get going! As a fan of their other products (protein powders and nutrition bars), I was happy to see their commitment to quality shined through in this supplement. 


1 comment: