Weigh In Wednesday July 9 & My Current Workout Schedule

Wednesday, July 9, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

Launching right into a weigh in this morning! Honestly I'm pretty thrilled with the results after a certain visitor came to town (ladies...) and the July 4th weekend family & food extravaganza. 



Sorry for the blurry mess. 

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 202.8
This week: 202.4
Change: -0.4
Total Loss: -33.4

In my last post, I talked all about the many family events last weekend and all the temptation. I definitely enjoyed myself and I'm proud that I didn't gain! Yikes.

The number one thing I've learned this year regarding my relationship with food is when you have a bad day, you get back on the wagon the next meal/day. In the past, it would take days for me to get back in gear. Now I ACKNOWLEDGE my mess up, OWN it, & then I do better next time. Cheats should be purposeful and enjoyed! Allow for these cheats/mess ups and move on.  

As an emotional eater, I know now that getting down on myself leads to one of two things - restriction or binging (usually in that order). Both are behaviors that will keep me from reaching my goals so I try to eliminate the triggers by changing my thinking. 

Switching gears, I've talked recently about how I'm starting to lift more often now that I've joined a gym with the proper equipment! I love it! I like cardio because I sweat profusely and I know I burned major calories but I LOVE lifting because I see visible results - the amount I can lift, the reps, muscle pumps, etc. I feel empowered, strong, and my cardio becomes a little easier, too! 

If you aren't strength training yet, you should be! And not with little dinky 2 lbs weights - I'd love to do a post about weight training in women so I'll save my info for that but I highly suggest you start a program - I'd be happy to send you some suggestions!

So here is what my routine looks like for the past two weeks. I know I will have to adjust it significantly once school begins:

Monday: shoulders & arms
Tuesday: back & abs
Wednesday: legs & ploy **edit** Don't forget November Project!
Thursday: swing day (fill in with whatever appeals to me)
Friday: shoulders & chest
Saturday: long run
Sunday: REST 

I'm following Erin Stern's Elite Body program from Bodybuilding.com mostly with a few minor switches in order. The cardio I choose to do varies by day - some days I may just warm up & cool down, other days I run or row, I may also do a HIIT workout (especially Turbo Fire!).

One thing I haven't mention yet is something I'm VERY excited about - PiYo! I just started the PiYo program yesterday morning. I need to see how rigorous it is before I determine how I should change my workout schedule around but I loved yesterdays workout! 


What is PiYo? It's hybrid between pilates and yoga with a twist from Chalene Johnson, the creator of Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and Chalene Extreme. She is absolutely one of my favorite trainers, hands down. 

I will do a review of my first week next Tuesday so get ready for that! I can't wait to see the results. 

As always, if you have any questions feel free to comment or email me! 

How was your 4th and did you get back on track?

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Chalene Johnson too! She's so motivating. I haven't tried the new program yet, but I'm excited to eventually. I would love to read a post about weight training in women :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good 4th and I managed to stay on track! Yay for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great to hear, Kim! Awesome job sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chalene is da bomb! If you decide you'd like to try out PiYo, I'd be happy to help you out with that! I'm working on a weight training post as we speak :) Must get my research ducks in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job squeaking out a loss with everything going on!
    I can't wait to try PiYo either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive! Losing over the holiday. Not a holiday for me, so I don't really have a good excuse for not losing :/
    What's the November project?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing a lot of PiYo lately! Hope to see more posts about it to see how you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice loss! Especially after the holiday weekend! I'm just starting Piyo and I'm pretty excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I might take you up on that at some point! Thanks! I'm excited to read it :)

    ReplyDelete