Weigh In Wednesday July 2

Wednesday, July 2, 2014




Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!
Please go check out my sweet co-hosts!

Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

 Erin @ She's A Big Star

Rise and shine WIWers! Happy to be back for another week of fun. Despite another weekend back home, I managed to lose some weight and get back on track pretty quick! Definitely making better choices in tempting situations which I'm proud of.

Last week I heard Skinny Meg and Val from Fab Chick Gets Fit were teaming up to do a 90 day accountability challenge so I decided to join them! We started Day 1 on Monday and so far it has been a success! I love having little challenges and people to keep me honest in my goals - I'm glad there are so many women out there that want to build each other up. Our world is filled with so much negativity, judgement, and sadness - let's all just be nice and help each other out!

Before pictures for the challenge:

(After the weekend I think my SW was more like 208 - this was from Friday)

Weighing In
Height: 5'8"
SW: 236.2
Last week: 204.6
This week: 202.8
Change: -1.8
Total Loss: -33.4


I decided that the first WIW of the month I will start taking my measurements in addition to recording weight and progress photos. Maybe you can join me! It took me awhile to realize that the scale only tells a small portion of the story - especially now that I'm lifting consistently. I have definitely lost inches since reaching my highest weight and once I reach a healthy weight range for my height (~130-160) I will stop worrying about the number as much.

Measuring Up (inches):
Bust: 44
Waist:35.25
Hips/AKA Helga: 46
Bootay: 46.5
R Thigh/Calf: 28 // 16.5
L Thigh/Calf: 28 // 16
R Bicep: 13.5
L Bicep: 13.5

This morning I went to November Project and was so excited to see familiar faces - two my sorority sisters showed up! Despite that happy fact, today was a partner workout which usually means trouble for me. I'm slow. I also made the stupid mistake of doing legs yesterday so running stairs was the last thing my body wanted to do. And the piggy back rides. SHIT.



Here's the thing...I don't let people pick me up. Not that anyone really tries. I don't want Nick to pick me up, I don't want a friend to, and I really, really don't want a stranger to. 

Remember these guys from gym class?


Well when I was in elementary school, our gym teacher thought it was a good idea to have someone sit on the scooter holding a hockey stick and have a partner pull them around the gym in a circle (cue extensive collisions, concussions, and tears). I was/am a big kid and I hated it! A) I hated running and pulling someone like a mule (I hadn't yet tapped into my athletic abilities...I'd rather read). B) I hated that some other kid (probably a guy) had to struggle to pull me around the gym. It was humiliating.


Exhibit A: This child should not be picked up. (Age 6) - Side note: Disney World!!!

Piggy back rides, wheelbarrows, lovers leap (Anyone ever play Ships & Sailors?), etc. I just don't do it. 

Am I crazy here? Maybe so... but I survived even though I hated it. I apologize to my partner for being large and in charge. Hopefully you got a good workout!

Other than that...I'm just continuing to get settled post-wedding - headed to the social security office today to get my new card/name changed. Thank you notes galore and starting to review material from last year so my brain will get back in medical mode.


If you've ever wondered why my knees are weird looking, they are hyperextended according to my professor.

I think I forgot to mention that Nick and I joined a new gym down the road from us - I love it! They have all the equipment I need - barbells, kettlebells, spin bikes, rower, treadmill, machines -EVERYTHING that Planet Fitness doesn't have. The best part is that it's pretty empty when I've been there! Working out is best when no one can see me so I'm pretty thrilled...Also, Nick has been joining me in the gym and I'm so proud of him! 

I'll leave you with the skyline of my beloved hometown, Cincinnati. Going back AGAIN this weekend for 4th of July fun! 

How do you feel about partner workouts?
What are your plans for 4th of July?






17 comments:

  1. Congrats on an awesome weigh in! I bet it feels good to be back on track. As far as my thoughts on partner workouts goes, I think it's nice to work out with a buddy but I definitely wouldn't want them lifting me or anything like that. I too would apologize for being "large and in charge" as you put it. And I just have to say that every time I read your blog I always feel inspired and motivated. I'm friends with you on MFP too and I'm checking out your diary there to see what you're eating and your workouts. It's a kick in the butt to realize that my diary looks absolutely nothing like yours (as in mostly empty). So I'm getting back to it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss!!! I also checked check out your wedding day blog post. Just so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss this week!
    What's Helga for hips? I've never heard about that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for great week! I've been wanting to try November Project, and I also HATE being picked up. HATE HATE HATE- glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scooters were my nightmare. Everyone else LOVED them, so I hated those days we used them even more. I got my hair stuck in the wheels once. Not fun. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss this week! Funny story, when I went to get my name changed, I waited in line for like 45 minutes and when I told the lady at the window I wanted to change my last name legally and looked at me with an odd face and said, "are you sure?" Uh yeah. I just waited for 45 minutes and decided not to. Thanks for making things clear for me. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Hilary! Trying to get back on course

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, as if your one unnecessary question is going to bring clarity to my life :) Some people are just plain goofy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair? Yikes! Definitely ran over my fingers a few times - those scooters were the DEVIL! Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsay, grab a friend and check out NP if there is one in your area! It's a lot easier to go when you have someone to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Cassandra! Helga is my loving pet name for my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Leslie! I can't wait to post more pictures - it doesn't feel like the wedding even happened without my pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Amy! I love hearing that I can be some source of inspiration to someone - I know I can do better and having your constant support makes me want to do better! I guess that's mutual inspiration! Keep it up - making changes sucks but eventually it starts to suck less and you'll get to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete