Diet Bet & Fit Test

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Thursday!  I don't think I would know what day it is unless I was blogging so thank you for keeping me sane, blog world.

I signed up for TWO Diet Bets last night. I was feeling ambitious.  If I'm gonna lose weight, I might as well make some money off of it!  The last time I did one, I got super close to the 4% but didn't end up winning. I need to win so I can put the money towards my massage fund - I want to have a mini relaxation day before school starts.


If anyone is interested, here are the two bets.  I'd love to see some fellow bloggers on there!  Email me or comment here if you decide to participate and we can cheer each other along :)


Do Life Diet Bet
Runtastic Diet Bet with Lunden

I also decided to try something new to keep track of my fitness progress.  I'm using a modified Chalean Extreme fitness test (another thing I bought that I never finished...shopping addict & inconsistent aren't a good combination).  I plan on doing this every two weeks to see my progress.  I need to figure out an easy way to keep track...I think I can record this somehow on MyFitnessPal.



The one mile is self-explanatory.  For pushups, I did traditional "boy" pushups, not modified.  Situps were Crossfit Situps:


For squats, I'm trying to improve my form so I used this video and technique for the test.


For planks, do any plank you feel comfortable with and hold it as long as you can.  (I hate planks) For shoulder press & bicep curls, record the amount of weight you use for each and how many reps to failure.  The goal with these is not to  increase reps but to increase weight overtime.  You should be able to do no more than 10-15 reps at a time to failure, like you couldn't do another rep. Women should lift heavy...you won't bulk up!

For sit and reach, technically you need a box and ruler.  I just used a tape measure and put my feet at 12 inches.  Reaching past your toes is just a bonus.  

Here are my results!  We all have to start somewhere. I can't wait to see the progress.  June 6th will be the next check in.



Finally, in honor of Throwback Thursday and Prom season...My senior prom! 5 years ago. AHH 

 
The awkward prom pose

I need a spray tan...


6 comments:

  1. LOVE the throwback pictures!!! I LOVE the idea of checking in with a fit test!!! I will have to try it!! xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I needed a little motivation both with the throwbacks and the fit test! Let me know how it goes. If people like it enough, maybe I'll make a link up!

      Delete
  2. I signed up for a DietBet but I'm not doing very well. In a bit of a slump. :( Maybe I should join another one when the current one is over to give myself another push.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened to me last time :( It's hard to stay motivated. You can do it, though!

      Delete
  3. Twist my arm! I just signed up for the DIETBET with Lunden. I have had good luck in the past so we will try it again :)

    Your prom dress was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let's win some money!

      Thank you! I'm 75% sure it was actually a wedding dress. We bought it at a bridal & formal place...who wears white to prom? :P

      Delete