I did it! (Workout & Weigh-In Wednesday)

Wednesday, May 15, 2013


button

&

button

Get ready for this...I JUST RAN AN ENTIRE MILE!!!!!!  No walking. No stopping. No dropping to a fetal position. I did it! (and I totally got emotional at the end like a big ole baby...sorry I’m not sorry.)

So...I realize for a lot of people, this is no big deal.  But guess what?  I have never intentionally run a mile.  Even in gym class, I would ALWAYS walk a good portion of it. Conditioning for cheer, ALWAYS walked and I was slow.  I didn’t think I could do it, so I never pushed myself. “I’m just not a runner.”


Not a bad pace either! 
What a perfect way to end a less than perfect day!  It’s Weigh-In Wednesday...and I only lost 1 lb...bringing the total to about 9 lbs lost. Whomp Whomp.

Now I can justify this to myself by saying I gained muscle, lost fat but in all honesty, I’ve been just plain stupid with my diet lately. You don’t lose weight by failing to plan meals ahead of time or snacking on goldfish crackers and fruit snacks (Did I mention I also babysit on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons?  Four kids...that’s enough to send anyone reaching for the oreos.)

In addition to my mini-run tonight (I just ran the mile...I wanted to see if I could), it was boot camp night  It’s was about 85 degree here tonight so I was sweating like crazy...except I don’t sweat, I glisten.


If you still look pretty at the end, you aren't doing it right. 
I’m going to share with you our workout courtesy of my aunt, the lady who kicks my butt twice a week! I’m also going to figure out this graphics business so don't laugh at my first attempt. (or laugh and then tell me how to do better!)




As in my handy dandy graphic, you add on an exercise each time (or you should do all of them and subtract each time...).  This took about 30 minutes and then we went backwards starting with a 30 second plank and taking off an exercise at the end until 45 minutes was up.  It was a super good workout.  You should do it fast enough to keep good form while maintaining a fast heart rate.  I’M POOPED.

That was my Wednesday.  Now I’m stretching and watching The Breakfast Club.  Some classics just never get old :)  


2 comments: