What the heck is a Liebster?

Friday, May 31, 2013


Say what? I was super shocked and excited that Mer in America nominated me for the Liebster Award a few days ago!  Thanks girl :)  I love this kind of stuff!

This is what you do to nominate your fellow bloggers: 
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you (Thanks Mer!)
Tell 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition
Post 11 questions for them to answer
Notify them that they've been nominated
You can't nominate the blog that nominated you

11 Facts about Pretty Strong Medicine (Hey! That's Me...Heather)


1. I’m an only child. 
2. I want a big family one day - like a basketball team of kids. With matching hair bows for the girls & bowties for the boys.
3. I don’t like boats or water or getting my hair wet. But I do like sitting by the pool drinking margaritas.
4. I own over 200 t-shirts - thanks to cheerleading, my sorority, and school. (Any T-shirt blanket makers out there?)
5. I can peel a banana with my toes.  Yes, I won money because of this.
6. I wear size 12 shoes and my running shoes are size 13!!!  Anyone else think I should be 6’0” tall?
7. I was a cheerleader for 9 years - competitive & school but I wish I would’ve stuck with competitive instead of switching in high school.
8. I don’t like touching raw meat so I rarely eat it unless someone else makes it.
9. I am a converted Catholic - I wasn’t baptized until I was 13.
10. I’ve worn glasses since 3rd grade, contacts since 6th, and braces 6th-9th.  I was super cute with my GOLD braces and glasses in the middle of my ugly, awkward stage.
11. Peanut butter is a food of the gods. 

11 Questions from Mer in America
1. You have one hour left...who would you call?
Oh goodness...I can’t pick just one person!  Probably Nick or my Mom...and anyone else I could get in touch with in an hour. 

2. In one word, describe your personal style.
yoga-chic (the hyphen makes it one word, obviously.)

3.What music do you listen to when you are sad?
I gravitate towards Alternative - Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Evanescence - you know, the emo-kid-eating-icing-in-her-bathroom kind of music.

4.If you could pick another time period to live in, when would you live (i.e. 20's, 60's)?
I would love to have been part of the “greatest generation” - those who grew up during The Great Depression and World War II.  I love the 1920s-1950’s.  The ‘60s are when things start to get weird...

5.Do you run...and if so why?
I do something in between a jog and a prance - if you call that running, awesome.  I run because I’m starting to enjoy it, it requires very little equipment or time, and it’s a socially acceptable activity.  But really...it seems like everyone runs and I was feeling left out.

6.What is the healthiest thing you eat or do?
I laugh a lot!  If make me laugh, we are basically best friends.  It adds years to your life so stop Grumpy Cat-ing it up and crack a smile!

7. What is your unhealthiest habit?
Using food as a coping mechanism.  Unlike exercise or writing or dancing in my room, food doesn’t ever help the problem.

8. What is your favorite movie?
That’s a toughie.  Probably Legally Blonde.  I love Reese Witherspoon!  

9. If you were a color, which one would you be and why?
Glitter.  That’s a color, right? Because...it's pretty & makes everything better.

10. What is your favorite reality/competition TV show?
There are so many great ones - definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  Probably The Biggest Loser because it’s pretty dramatic but also inspiring.  I've also always wanted to go on The Amazing Race...

11. What is one thing you will never forget to tell your children someday (or currently)?
I will always love them and support them no matter what (but that's no excuse to not make good decisions or do something with their lives). 


I Nominate:

Ashley @ Work That Ash
Jula @ J-Ziggy

11 Questions from Pretty Strong Medicine
1. If you could be a Disney Princess, which one would you be?
2. What is one food you could survive on the rest of your life?
3. Describe yourself in three words.
4. What's your favorite summer activity?
5. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
6. What's your biggest pet peeve?
7. What would you do if you were invisible?
8. What was your favorite class in school?
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
10. What's at the top of your bucket list?
11. What's your biggest fear?


4 comments:

  1. Well thanks lady! I just did one of these last week but I'm thinking I might answer your questions in a separate post! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw that! Congras & no big deal. It was so hard for me to find bloggers I enjoy who hadn't already received it with less than 200 followers.

      Happy, Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. I love it!!! Glitter is a color, and I don't understand running but if I did, I would also prance. Your responses cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I just got another one, so I will answer all of the questions for Monday :) Love the Liebster!!

    ReplyDelete