Who Am I?

Saturday, May 25, 2013


Even though I've been at this for almost a month now, (Yay!) I haven't done very many basic "about me" posts.  I've focused mostly on what I've been doing - my weekends, workouts, not sleeping, etc.  Let's back up a bit.  And as I fully endeavor to be honest and forthcoming - I just don't have the motivation to finish the dozen or so other posts I have sitting on my desktop this is what you get today. We all need a little fluff in our lives, right? Enjoy :) 

{one}
Do you have pets, and if you do, do you see them as pets or as members of your family?
No pets anymore.  We had to put our chocolate lab to sleep a few summers ago so now I just pretend Nick's dog is mine.  He's the cutest!


{two}
If you could have any dream come true, which would it be?
To marry my best friend :)

{three}
If you had a billion dollars what would you do with it?
1) Pay off all my student loans/pay for med school
2) Pay back my family for everything they have bought me/done for me
3) Donate to charity
4) Have Nick invest it using his economical skills (probably buy Apple stock or whatever)
5) fund medical research like Multiple Sclerosis for my grandpa
6) go on a nice shopping spree
7) get a personal trainer & chef
8) travel

{four}
What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Spending time with friends & family, dancing to music, reading, writing, working out, eating ice cream (sorry...honest), organizing things, alcoholic beverages.


{five}
What is your bedtime routine?
on a normal day, I like to workout at night so I take a shower afterwards, wash my face, brush those teefers, do a final check of social media, read for a little bit or watch Netflix, call/text good night to Nick & friends, spray my pillow with lavender vanilla, arrange my pillows very strategically, do some deep breathing to relax, spend a lot of time thinking, sleep.

{six}
What activities did you do in high school? If you could go back would you change it up, or do the same thing?
I was a cheerleader for school & was involved in a few clubs like National Honor Society but I also worked part-time.  I would have been involved even more in things like student government.  I was a lot more introverted than I am now so I was afraid to run for leadership positions or get out of my comfort zone.  I also wish I would have stuck with competitive cheerleading & dance instead of just doing school - it was a waste.

{seven}
What kind of books do you read?
I'm drawn to historical fiction, particularly the WWII era.  I still read a decent amount of young adult novels, chick lit, etc but I throw in a classic every now and then.  I also enjoy autobiographies.

{eight}
How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Fresh out of residency living in the Midwest with my husband, three kids, and two doggies.  Hopefully working hard  in a successful group practice but striking a balance with home life too.  I would love to have a couple half marathons (maybe even a marathon) under my belt by then.

{nine}
What's your fear?
I have all sorts of irrational fears - losing loved ones, not making it through school, staying fat forever.  The list continues.  I'm a worrier.

{ten}
Would you give up all junk food for your chance to see outer space?
Quite frankly, I could careless about outer space and I like ice cream. 

{eleven}
What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Turn my alarm off, check social media with one eye open, wish I could keep sleeping.

{twelve}
If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
I wish he lived closer to me.  We're an hour drive from each other currently - soon to be two.


{thirteen}
If you could pick one name for yourself what would it be?
I like Heather.  Except there really isn't an obviously nickname or shortened form..."Heath" doesn't really work.

{fourteen}
Six months of sun or six months of rain?
Sun, sun, mr. golden sun!

{fifteen}
If you could eat only one thing for the next 6 months what would it be?
Probably pizza...there are so many possibilities and types that you could totally get in all the major food groups.


{sixteen}
What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I love getting to connect with people I never would have known otherwise! 

{seventeen}
Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Both. Together is even better!

{eighteen}
What items are in your purse right now?
I'm carrying a huge Vera Bradley tote right now at work...my computer, iPad, two magazines, two books, makeup, wallet, note pads, pens, protein bar, water bottle, keys, power cords, phone, sweatshirt, Lilly planner, & newspaper.

{nineteen}
Name 3 things on your bucket list.
1) run a half marathon
2) skydive
3) visit every Major League Baseball park (Nick & I decided to do this together...first stop not counting Cincy is Atlanta in July!)


{twenty}
What do you watch on TV that you know you shouldn't?
Probably all those shows on Netflix that cause me to waste hours of my life.  I'm looking at you, Gossip Girl.

4 comments:

  1. I'm on Netflix wasting time right now hahah. It's a beautiful thing.

    Also, nothing wrong with ice cream getting you out of a bad mood!! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is the best and worst thing to happen to me. I just finished season one of Scandal but they don't have season 2 up yet! Heartbreaking

      Delete
  2. I live in Cincy too! I saw the Elder picture and was like Purple Friday?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! West side or east side? Yes, purple Friday! Nick went to Elder...I was a public school kid so the catholic school system was pretty fascinating for me :)

      Delete