Weigh-In & Workout Wednesday #3

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

button


button

Quick post here for Wednesday!  

I just weighed in and I was up +0.8 lbs, overall loss 8.2 lbs.  I wasn't surprised since I let things go last week eating wise and I didn't stick to my workouts.  Why? I caught the lazy bug. 

Can we talk about temptation for a bit?  I am a glorified child & adult babysitter  for 60 hours a week (48 with oldies & 12 with kids) which means I'm not home a lot.  First, what is it with elderly people and their desire to keep four types of ice cream, cakes, chips, cookies, and sugar sculptures in their house?  What's worse is they want to offer it to me multiple times a night despite the fact that I've told them I'm trying to eat healthier as I sit and munch on my celery sticks and pretend they are peanut brittle. Let's not even get started on the kids...they eat pretty healthy but they still love fruit snacks, pb&j, and the almighty Cheez-its. Homemade cookies are everywhere but don't mind me...I'm eating my enormous salad.  

Enter these babies: 


Look!  They are even "natural."  No, I didn't give in.  But I did eat some Lay's last night.  I couldn't take it anymore. I was starving at 3 am & that little bit of salt hit the spot.  So much for standing up to those cravings.  

Temptation is a tricky thing. I don't know whether it's better to indulge or to build up my "willpower."  It's something I'm trying to figure out.  Any advice?  How do you deal with temptations and cravings?  I realize these first few days are going to be the hardest - hopefully it will get better.  It's just really hard when you do decide to give in and end up feeling so crappy. Ugh.

Enough of the negative...I'm reenergized & doing MUCH better this week (handful of Lay's aside).  I even did an impromptu workout yesterday just because I had a little extra time to work with than usual.  It felt GREAT to move just because I wanted to instead of because I "had to." I'm super sore today (I really need to do a better job of stretching) but I'm determined to get a run & boot camp in today.

My workout from yesterday:
I started my watch too early - only a 30 min workout
 I did a 15 minute HIIT with Chalene on Turbofire.  In college, a few of my friends and I would do her Turbo Jam workouts in our sorority living room.  It was hilarious!  That's when I decided to buy TF but I never actually completed the whole program...consistency is an issue for me.  I don't really enjoy working out alone so it was kind of depressing to do the workouts in my room everyday. Whomp Whomp.  I also did the Summer Arms with the TIU girlies from their Beach Babe DVD!  




Here's to a better week! 

7 comments:

  1. You are strong. If I'm in a room with shitty food I almost always break down and eat it. In my own home I'm lucky as my parents eat healthy and seldom is their shit around but with my friends? I struggle! It ain't easy! So I feel you on the whole temptation level!

    lets say fuck the temptations and have an awesome wk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girl! I like you already :) I agree, let's have a killer week!

      Delete
  2. I find if I resist temptation all the time, I'll eventually cave and binge. So I try to resist 80% of the time and give in the other times. A little indulgence works wonders! But it's good to have some time without treats to get rid of the cravings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds reasonable, for sure! 80% clean/ 20% what I want within reason. That's something I can live with which makes it more sustainable :)

      Delete
  3. I think your boyfriend needs to do a better job of helping you eat healthy, too. More cooking together and eating in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love HIIT workouts!!!! I wish we could live in a bubble without temptation while getting to our goals... I would kill for a visit to the Biggest Loser ranch, they lose so much because they aren't tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I just need to ranch it up for two weeks and then I'd be golden. So hard to say no constantly!

      Delete