Mesothelioma Awareness Day

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hi Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you the story of "another" Heather who has beaten the odds and overcome a major obstacle in her life - cancer. Cancer is something we hear a lot about but not necessarily something people like to discuss. I'm a big supporter of health education and having a personal investment in your health so when Heather approach me, I was thrilled to help spread the word!

I encourage you to take a few seconds to read her short description below and then check out the great campaign she has put together to raise awareness for mesothelioma. 

Without further ado, meet Heather - a true survivor in every sense of the word.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is not just any Thursday, it’s Mesothelioma Awareness Day! Seven years ago I was diagnosed with this deadly disease and given 15 months to live. My diagnosis came just three months after giving birth to my only daughter, Lily. I refused to take my diagnosis as a death sentence and fought for my life. Now, I am here today, a survivor, and I need your help!

I have started an awareness campaign to help get the word out about this terrible disease. Please help me by visiting my page and donating your social status today! Thank you so much for your help – awareness is the first step to survival.




More information about mesothelioma: www.mesothelioma.com

1 comment: