Weigh In Wednesday: September 11

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


Weigh IN Wednesday



Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!

Please go check out my sweet co-hosts & make sure to say hi!

Bailey @ Being Bailey J
Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction

Sooooo...long time, no see! Things have been a little hectic in my world lately - I basically go to school, study, sleep, workout, and eat. Not neccesarily in that order. I certainly have some downtime but I usually don't feel compelled to be overly verbal with my free time - something like watching an episode of SATC or hanging out with friends tends to take precedence over blogging.


Sometimes a Pumpking Ale is more fun than blogging.
Chocolate Chia pudding with walnuts and blueberries - yummy! 
This dip is UHH-MAZ-ING
If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I have my first set of EXAMS next week - Scientific Foundations and Anatomy (written & practical) on Monday and Osteopathic Principles and Practice on Thursday. I haven't yet started freaking out (I'm waiting for the weekend to do that.) Honestly though, I try not to get too worked up over exams. I'm definitely nervous and anxious on what to expect but I'm not going to send myself into meltdown mode just yet - getting worked up only leads to stupid mistakes and concentration issues.


Coloring or studying?
As far as how Sweatember is going, it's going great! I've done something every day so far - from running 3 miles to just doing some squats and lunges one day. I'm just trying to get into the habit of making exercise a NECESSARY part of my day - it's such a stress reliever! If I don't feel like going to the gym one day, I can always count on my roommate to pop in a Turbo Fire dvd with me and terrorize out downstairs neighbors with lots of jumping and kicking. 

The Weigh In
I'm down another 1.5 lbs this week which, according to MyFitnessPal, means I'm offcially over the 20 lb hump. 20.7 lbs LOST!!! It's been so slow - since May - but it's gone and it isn't coming back!  (Probably would've been 2 lbs lost had I not induldged in a Milky Way last night whilst studying at 11 pm). 

This morning I decided to try something new - a morning workout. I am exclusively a late afternoon-late evening worker-outer. In the past, morning workouts made me super tired and blah the rest of the day (I was also severely out of shape). Today didn't feel so bad. I wouldn't say I'm willing to trade my evening workouts just yet but I have a feeling I'm going to have to start working out in the morning once I start rotations 3rd year so I guess I'll get some practice now. BLAH.

This morning's workout was as follows:

  • 5 minutes walking/20 minutes running ~2.25 miles
  • 3 sets of 12: 
    • 35 lb squat
    • 45 lb deadlift
    • 20 lb bicep curl
    • 20 lb upright row
  • 2 sets of 25:
    • crunches
    • leg raises
  • lots of stretching!
Nothing too exciting or difficult - I'm trying to figure out a good routine so lots of experimenting going on right now. I MISS BOOT CAMP!!! I need someone telling me what to do :)



How to start the day off right!
As for the rest of the week, it's study mode. I just want to have this first set of exams OVER! Since we're the inaugural class of our medical school, we have no upperclassmen to give us pointers and tips. On top of that, all exams are taken on our iPads which adds another level of newness to the process. Send your prayers this way!!!

After these exams, I will start to dedicate more time to blogging. I have a million things to catch up on and a lot of things I'd like to change/fix (including working on a new layout)! Be patient with me :)


How is Sweatember going for you?
What's your favorite way to sweat in the fall?
Why do carrots not taste like chocolate?

12 comments:

  1. Awesome loss! I've lost 41.2 lbs since March. If I don't work out first thing in the morning I'm not going to get my workout in. I just won't feel like it after work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on breaking through the 20 pound hump! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shmeather,

    1. I am so proud of you! 20 pounds! Wahoo!!

    2. Working out in the morning is WAYYY BETTER than working out in the afternoon/evening. I get up, work out, shower and eat, and get to start my day (not that I really do anything). Eventually that tiredness you feel afterwards will go away (because you are getting stronger) and then you become energized after your morning workout! I promise your head is clearer and you don't have to think about fitting it in later on in the day. It is already done! Senior year, when the bike team was doing circuit strength at the SRSC, we would do 7 AM workouts on Wednesdays and we would always have graduate level econ exams on Wednesdays at 9:30. I HATE econ, but instead of walking in nervous, I would walk in calm, cool, and collected because I had already worked out. It was fantastic!

    Sorry for the paragraph! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 pounds lost is huge! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girlfriend! GREAT job on obtaining and getting over the 20 lb mark! I have to ask; where do you buy that spinach/kale tip. Gosh it looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been walking like crazy! I got a little bored with Jillian so I took a short break to get on the treadmill daily for a 5k.


    Congrats on hitting 20 lbs lost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go with Sweatember! I've been logging my workouts on Social Workout and it definitely keeps me motivated. Also, if you like that spinach & kale greek yogurt dip, you should try the Edamame Hummus from Eat Will Enjoy Life (http://eatwell-enjoylife.com/our-hummus/). It has changed my world!


    Good luck studying! I'll be sending you some good vibes for your exams next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your exams go well girly! Don't stress out too much about the grade, most of us do better and better as the year goes along and we see exactly what each prof is looking for. Congrats on the 20 lb marker, you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Congratulations on your weight loss journey! :) It never was easy on me too but I did it ...slowly. :)
    Goodluck with your school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy@medicineandmartinisSeptember 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM

    Congrats on reaching the 20lb mark! Good luck on your exam on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting! Congrats on your weight loss! 20 pound Whoop! Whoop! Good luck with your exam! I don't know how you keep up with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm pretty sure you are really stoked about this!
    Good luck on those exams as well, just take one study session at a time try not to panic so much! =)

    ReplyDelete