Weigh In Wednesday: July 31st

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weigh IN Wednesday


Hello everybody! Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday!

Please go check out my sweet co-hosts & make sure to say hi!

Bailey @ Being Bailey J
Ash @ A Step in the Right Direction
(Amy is taking a break from WIW)

I'm not sure where to start with WIW today. Blogging has been the furtherest thing from my mind lately (you can read WHY here). 

Last week I ended up having about a 5 lb GAIN which I largely attribute to that time of the month/water weight since I weighed in today and was back at my post-cleanse weight. Still 16 lbs down in total but no additional loss. And the plateau continues...

A lot of celebrating but I have been working out! (I have to play catch up from Friday since I didn't post about my workouts.) 

Last Wednesday (after I woke up really frustrated from the gain) I made myself go for a nice, long run. I didn't really have a distance in mind - I was just follow the C210K app which said to run 20 minutes. Because my music was going and I was pretty pissed off with myself, I ended up doing 4.3 miles and running 4 miles straight! 4 MILES! Me??? The girl who couldn't/wouldn't even run a mile at the beginning of the summer. I felt awesome!



I want to do MORE! I've been talking with a few other bloggers about running a 10K and then shooting for a half marathon next spring! I'm hoping to run Fort 4 Fitness 10K in September in Fort Wayne, IN and the Thanksgiving Day Race 10K in Cincinnati, OH with Marcy @ The Mustache Diaries! I'll announce the half marathon dates soon!

I also did something I haven't done in 5 years when I was in Germany - I went for a bike ride! I rented a silly little cruiser bike and took it out on the Loveland Bike Trail for a ride. I have no clue what a good pace is or anything but it felt like a good workout. Those cruisers don't go very fast!



Lastly, I've been kicking butt at boot camp! Last Wednesday I was the only one who attended so I got my own personal boot camp, including doing these darn tire flips! 

At least if I'm celebrating, I'm doing well on workouts. And I've been making smaller changes with eating, just working my way back up to clean eating. I have to break through my plateau this week! I only have 4 months to get dress shopping ready! 

***Don't forget, Ash and I have 50% off all ad space for linking up today!*** Code = WIW50


What was your favorite workout you did this week?
Do you have any upcoming races?
How did you get into wedding shape?

Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement! I'm so happy for you, best wishes for a beautiful life together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bike riding but I haven't been in years. Congrats on running the 4 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small changes are better than no changes! And what a great goal to be working toward, wedding dress shopping is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GO GIRL! Way to go. So exciting! I was 5 months pregnant when I got married and was really sick until I was 21 weeks pregnant so uh...I threw up a lot but not by choice, LOL. I don't have any upcoming races. I am on Week 5 of C25k, but should be on Week 7! I am repeating a lot and I'm super slow, but I am getting it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just signed up with my first 5K!! And I'm super nervous!! I haven't been running in over four years! And congrats on your engagement!!! Can't wait to hear about all the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which wedding? LOL (sorry.) This week I've done my 45 min. hilly walk more often. It kicks my butt, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided not to weigh in this week because my motivation has been good lately except for the past three days due to feeling under the weather and I just didn't want to feel let down if the scale showed no progress. So instead I continue on! Will hop on the scale next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang girl > 4 miles!!! wahoo! Quite a feat! I am started a 10K training plan for my 10K on September 28. I can send it to you if you want! (its really not that bad I promise!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't let the gain bring you down - You are kicking A$$ with the cardio :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about doing the Fort 4 Fitness, too! You are doing great with your running, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your blog hop last week and decided to hop on this week.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP TELL ME THE HALF YOU ARE DOING IS THE FLYING PIG?!?! Anyways... I was totes going to do the half at the end of September in Ft. Wayne but I totes amd just not ready... Good luck sistah! Can't wait for our Thanksgiving Day race!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

    Thank you! & I think I like it too! I just don't want to drop $200 on a new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

    I know! It's the perfect motivation to kick things into high gear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM

    Thank you! Oh girl, that doesn't sound fun at all!


    Doesn't matter how slow you are, at least you are out there working it! I had to repeat weeks of C25K multiple times. Just do your best and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM

    Thank you! I'm so excited!


    Congrats on signing up for your 5K! That's the biggest step - you can do it! Don't be nervous just stick to your training and you'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

    MY WEDDING! haha You can read the proposal details in the last post.


    Great job walking! What a great workout

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

    Believe me, I've had those weeks on more than one occasion. Hope to see you back next week! Plus to me, I don't really think of WIW as being purely about weight. It's a way to "weigh in" on how your goals are going and where you need to make adjustments, etc.


    BTW, I need to get your information for my sponsor spotlight. Would you mind sending me your email?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

    YAY YAY YAY! Send me it to me frand

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

    Well I was fine once I lost it over the weekend (how? IDK because I only walked with the dog and ate/drank what I wanted). I just want to get past weighing the same thing every week! grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM

    Oh! Let me know if you decide to do it! I'd love to meet some other bloggers that are going. I know Mama Laughlin is planning a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM

    So glad to have you, Betty! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with us! Spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

    I'm definitely look at the Flying Pig. May 4th is my fiancé's birthday (I love saying that instead of "boyfriend" bahaha) so he'll just have to deal with it! Also thinking of the Hoosier Mini in Bloomington, IN.


    GOOD NEWS! Fort 4 Fitness has a 4 mile run, 10K, & half. I'm aiming for the 10K so you could always do that or the 4 miler if you REALLLY want to :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! 4 miles is awesome!! Way to go, girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for 4 miles! I'm kiiiiiiind of thinking about doing the Fort 4 Fitness too. I'm a little nervous because it's 2 weeks before my other half in Kentucky. Let me know if you're actually thinking of doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Angela@Honey I Shrunk the MomAugust 4, 2013 at 5:46 AM

    4.3 miles! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete