Weigh In & Workout Wednesday & Advocare Cleanse Wrap Up

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pretty Strong Medicine


button
Finally, an update! I'm so far behind on everything - comments, posting, reading other blogs, emails, you name it and I'm being a lame-o. My internet at home is rather unreliable and it makes everything take 500 years longer than it should. Here's hoping for cheetah-like internet at school so I'll actually have time to blog and study!

If you are new around here, please go check out my sweet co-hosts!
So it's about time that I share my Advocare 10 Day Cleanse results since that officially ended last Thursday. Please forgive me - I was out-of-town all weekend and I will have a weekend wrap up today, too.  

First of all: the question you are wanting to know the answer to (or maybe not?).
Did I lose weight?  
Maybe this was at a bar...it's hard to say.
I did. I ended up losing 8 pounds during the ten days! 

Before we get all excited, the weekend before the cleanse I decided to get a little crazy and gained like 3 lbs so my net loss was really about 5 lbs overall. Regardless, I'm currently looking at a number that I haven't seen in over a year so I can't complain! This also brings my total loss to ~ 15 lbs!

After my long and crazy weekend, I'm fluctuating between a 3-5 lbs total lost - we'll see today when I weigh in later. (Wouldn't this be a lot easier to understand if I shared my actual weight...I'm considering it. But I have to admit, I'm a little a lot embarrassed. Soon! Here are my progress pictures so far (eeeekkk...so nervous!)
Ignore the dumb look on my face...I'm not an expert at selfie taking yet. I can't tell a huge difference - only in my chub face. I probably should have worn the same clothes in each of these but I do look a little less lumpy and bumpy in the coral top.

The numbers aren't really the important part of all this. Even though I had a carefree weekend of eating and drinking, I feel refreshed and energized about my weight loss journey. I am capable of a lot more than I realize if I just put the effort in. I didn't do the cleanse perfectly which is a little frustrating but I think I did pretty well overall - more like 80% staying on the plan which is something I can live with.

As far as the supplements go, I'm not willing to say one way or another if they truly work. I have problems with everything containing so many artificial ingredients (like the Spark drink...) but the plan advocating really clean eating. Say what? Plus I felt really bloated for a lot of the cleanse which I didn't expect from all the fiber I was supposedly getting. Partly due to Mother Nature and her female friend Flo, I'm sure. 

Would I pay for the cleanse again? Maybe, if I get stuck in a rut. My plan is to continue eating clean the best I can - I'll be limiting my gluten and dairy just for the simple fact that it does help me cut out unnecessary calories but I won't be eliminating them completely. I don't seem to have any sensitivities to these items and quite frankly I enjoy milk, greek yogurt, and cheese too much. Bread I can live without but every once in a while, I need some pizza!

As I said, my energy has been a lot higher lately. I don't know if I'm finally adjusting to this work schedule (ya know...when I only have a week left) or if eating healthier and exercising is the sole reason. Whatever it is, I'm so much happier and I feel more energetic. Let's keep that up!

The summer is just plain hard with all the picnics, special events, ball games, vacations, etc. We all just have to do our best and keep on, keeping on!

I forgot to mention this earlier but on Thursday morning, I have my second 5K! For your runners out there, how much did you progress from race to race? Should I be setting a specific time goal or just worry about running the whole darn thing? That's my current goal - just finish.

As for future weight loss goals, I really want to make it to "Onederland" before my White Coat Ceremony in a month. I think it's doable and I hope you all will continue to join me on this crazy ride!
Keep Calm & Dance On!

20 comments:

  1. Nah, don't be scared to reveal "The Number." Many many other bloggers have done it before (and with more revealing outfits) so join the dark side! If it makes you feel better, I've shared my weight and half naked pictures on my bloggy blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be afraid of in sharing your weight! I was embarrassed at first too but it is so nice to share the changes with everyone! Also, you may not see a difference in your pictures but I do! Keep going, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela@Honey I Shrunk the MomJuly 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

    Alright! Sounds like the cleanse got you back on the right track. Nice work! And I can really see a difference in those pics. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking great!!!! I'm so impressed!!! I gotta get my act in gear for real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from WOW and wanted to say that I can TOTALLY see the difference and your outfit doesn't matter :) You look amazing - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous and I definitely notice a difference. Congratulations on a successful cleanse! YOU DID IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Coral top! It looks great on you, girl. Keep up the great work, Get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great loss! I wish I had the discipline to follow the cleanse, but I know I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great loss! I can't wait to join you all next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

    You're right. I think I will join the dark side very soon :) I'm just nervous because people I know read the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

    Thank you for noticing the change and for the encouragement! I think I will share soon - it's so much less complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

    Thank you so much! I'm definitely glad I did the cleanse :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

    Thank you! I'm getting there but I have a loooong way to go still. You can do it. I've been a little off the past few days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

    Thanks for visiting and for noticing a difference! I'm getting there slowly but surely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

    Thank you, Shannon! Now I need to get back on track again! I think I celebrated too much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

    Thank you! It's actually from Walmart (I hate shopping there but they have decent workout gear for cheap!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

    Honestly, it wasn't much different from how I strive to eat daily so I'm sure you could do it! I didn't feel deprived or hungry which is usually the problem with cleanses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

    Oh I'm so glad to hear that! We love new people on the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I look around for a program that works well for colon cleansing and weight loss and found this one to be a promising one. Though the cleansing covers up many issues related to colon health I have
    many more queries regarding its working regarding the weight issues. How advocare cleanse works for solving the weight issues. Please anyone reply.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apart from my colon issues, weight was always my problem. I had very hard times dealing with it. No sooner I learnt about the advocare cleanse and started the 10 day colon cleansing program. No time I can observe the difference. My energy levels are boosted and now I’m able to spend lots of time at the gym losing weight. Also my metabolism and immunity enhanced a lot. Advocare cleanse had changed my life from a sedentary logging lifestyle to a bold and beautiful slim teenage girl. Thank you advocare for this wonderful product.

    ReplyDelete