Advocare Cleanse Update: Day 4

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Straight cleansin' yo.

Never do that again, right? Right. I started the 10 Day Advocare Cleanse on Monday and I just wanted to do a mini update to share how it's going! 

I loveeee strawberries!
I've been following the meal plan guidelines about 95% of the time. So far, eating clean hasn't been that rough. I'm not hungry or craving things that much but I'm a little concerned about how this weekend is going to go.

 My mom and I have eaten out a few times this week so I've done my best to make good choices. For instance, today we went for Thai food after visiting the Krohn Conservatory. 
Mixed Veggie Stir-Fry with Tofu (I avoided the rice...ok, I had a bite)
I did accidentally slip up when I realized the clean chicken sausage I bought from Costco (no nitrates, preservatives, etc) was apple & gouda flavored. Whoops! So I ate what I prepared and I froze the rest for a rainy day. I have managed to completely avoid all intentional dairy and gluten which I'm pretty proud about!
I had veggies later, I promise!  My first meal after waking up.
I would love to be adding cheese to my salad or my eggs and I'd love to have a big glass of chocolate milk after boot camp but I don't NEED it. I feel really bad about the almost full milk and full container of cottage cheese that will waste away in the fridge. Hopefully my mom can take care of that. All those poor Babybel cheeses...so lonely!

My energy is pretty decent considering I get about half the required amount of sleep that I need in a given week. Goodness I'm so tired of this work schedule!  Ten more days of work.  As my grandpa would say, I'm FIIGMO (apparently an Air Force term) meaning "Forget it, I've Got My Orders - aka I'm outta here!  


I have been feeling kind of bloated and uncomfortable which is probably due to the fiber drink - I ordered the citrus flavor.  It's really not as bad as I thought it would be.  It all collects at the bottom so when it gets too thick, I just add more water.  Problem solved.  Basically it tastes like lemon flavored sawdust...but what should I expect from insoluble fiber? meh.

I thought I ordered Pink Lemonade Spark but apparently I got Fruit Punch. I definitely get a "boost" of energy but it reminds me of the anxious feeling I get - mind-racing, fuzzy, unable to focus - all the things I try to avoid. I don't hate it for the energy boost but its not something I see myself repurchasing at this point. I really don't want to become addicted to any type of energy supplement - hence why I don't drink coffee like every other med student.


I decided to finally break out my juicer last night!  I need to find a way to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. I NEVER eat celery, carrots, or cucumbers on their own, even covered in ranch. Yuck. Sadly, you lose the fiber when juicing so I won't rely solely on that method. Sometimes a juice just hits the spot!  




I made a veggie juice, apple juice, and carrot/apple/ginger juice. So far so good...I doubt I will juice very often - the prep and clean up was kind of intensive.  I'd rather make a green monster smoothie and call it a day.

I'm not going to share my progress until the very end but I can assure you that the scale is moving!  I'm making up a little for my wild weekend of wings and piss water (Miller Lite).  Regardless, progress is being made and I'm excited to keep going!
Umm...that happened.  But NO MORE!
4 days down, 6 more to go! I can't wait to see how the next week goes!  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment