We Should Get Jerseys, 'Cause We Make A Good Team

Monday, June 17, 2013



 
Today I'm linking up with Postcards from Rachel and Northern Belle Diaries for I <3 Bloglovin'...because I do!  Google Reader is going bye-bye and we all need a great place to follow our favorite blogs! (Maybe...idk...Pretty Strong Med?.  Just a suggestion)

Follow on Bloglovin

So much for weekend shenanigans - I didn't have ANY. Nick and I literally sat around all weekend.  Aside from taking the pupperdoodle for a walk and going out to lunch twice, we pretty much stayed at home watching movies and baseball. And it was perfect!


So in lieu of a fun post recapping the amazingly entertaining weekend I had, I decided to do something fun with the BF. We did a couples survey.

I saw this survey on another blog (I'm sorry! I don't remember which one so if it was you, let me know and I'll credit back) and I mixed in questions from other surveys to create this little gem. 

What cracks me up is that Nick begged me to put our results up (I guess he thinks he's funny or something?). He doesn't realize that most of the time, the blogging world stops on weekends aside from Instagram pics and Tweets. So here we go...the unedited, totally honest Heather + Nick survey fun.


How long have you been together? 
H: six & a half years. since junior year of high school
N:6.5 years. The .5 means a half. I don't like fractions.

Where was your first date?
H: unofficial “date” was at the mall. first official date? an Elder basketball game & Skyline for dinner.  I think it was a double date with our best friends at the time.
N: A mall. I should have known then I was dealing with a serial shopper.  

 Where was your first kiss?
H: I know it was the night of the Elder basketball game. Probably his parent’s basement. Big purple couch.
N: In my basement on a couch with another couple on the other couch. I'm all about romance.

Who first said, "I love you"? 
H: Nick. also in his parent’s basement.  I said “Thank you” and went back to watching the movie.
N: I did. Her response? "Thank you."

Where is the furthest you have traveled as a couple?
H: Kansas City. Last fall Nick went with me to a medical school interview.  Thank goodness I didn’t end up going there - it was an 8 hour drive. He was so sweet and drove most of it both ways because I was so tired.
N: Kansas City. I was happy we both made it out alive.

Who has the best group of friends?
H: We both have good friends - especially from college.  I’m gonna go with mine though because we spent more time with them together.
N: Me, despite whatever bs Heather says.

Who has the worst temper?
H: Nick but I’m not far behind. We are both pretty passionate and stubborn.
N: Me. I'm not very patient, and when I lose my temper it looks worse because Heather is passive aggressive. I am not.

Who is more social?
H: Nick is more social with “adults” and I’m more social with people our age.  We are both natural introverts & can be a little awkward :)


N: Despite not having a blog, I am.

Who is the most stubborn?
H: Me. I’m a pain in ass most of the time.
N: Again, me. Thank you for that wonderful trait, mom!

Who wakes up earlier?
H: ME. If I had my way, I would go to bed every night at 10-11p and wake up at 7-8a.  Nick would love to sleep until 12 or 1p
N: This is a bogus question. Heather stays up all night. (referring to my job)

Who has the biggest family?
H: Nick. I love Nick’s family because no one is divorced and everyone has siblings - good Catholic families! 
N: I do. Heather said no one-word-answers, so rather than saying, "Me" I went with "I do."

Do you have little pet names for each other?
H: Nick calls me Hezz mostly.  It was a childhood nickname. I call him a lot of things but I usually call him Nicky.  When one of us is acting dumb, we call each other our parents names.
N: Heather has pet names for me. I call her Hezz, but that's not really a 'pet name'

Who is the smartest?
H: He is very streetsmart and has a lot more common sense than I do.  I would say I’m naturally more “book smart” but he also did very well in school...Economics major. What???
N: Heather will say she is, because she knows worthless Jeopardy! answers. Unfortunately for her, knowing who was the 3rd Queen of England is never an interview question.

Who is the most sensitive?
H: Who finds a way to cry on most days? Me! I would say I’m not always sensitive to others though...I can be petulant at times.
N: Heather hands down.


Where do you eat out at most as a couple?
H: Any place that serves beer :) We like to try new places a lot because we both enjoy good food. Go to fast places: Skyline, Dewey’s Pizza, Larosa’s, Five Guys.
N: We're pretty good about trying a lot of places, honestly. I would say Dewey's Pizza is the place we go most, though.

Where do you shop the most as a couple?
H: I’m not allowed to shop. 
N: I. Hate. Shopping. So, we never really shop as a couple, it's more of Heather looking at stuff and me complaining until we leave.

Who is her celebrity crush?
H: Luke Bryan!!! Honorable Mention to James Marsden, Channing Tatum, and Ryan Renyolds. 
N: I honestly have no idea. I guess Luke Bryan, or that one guy who plays some character named John who is in the army, but falls in love with some actress with bug eyes.

Who is his celebrity crush? 
H: He doesn’t know many celebrities. He does still have a Britney Spears poster in his room.  Maybe Faith Hill or most blondes.
N: Kate Upton

 If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get? 
H: Miller Lite.  
N: Miller Lite. Slam dunk answer.

What's his & her go-to drink at Starbucks? 
H: me? iced green tea or soy chai latte. Him? black coffee - dark roast.
N: One of those milkshakes they serve with a teaspoon of coffee. (he didn’t follow directions)

What is the best meal she has ever cooked you? 
H: Grilled Turkey and Cheese sandwich 6 years ago. That was the last time I cooked for him.
N: I think the only thing she has ever "cooked" me. A sandwich a long time ago. We usually team up for cooking

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you? 
H: I never cook!
N: By default, the sandwich she made, because it's the only thing she's ever "cooked" for me by herself.



What would she say is your most annoying habit?
H: He checks his stocks every five minutes. He’s also super long winded and won’t get to the point when telling stories - I stop listening. 
N: Too many to choose from, honestly. I'm going to go with clicking my fingers and toes when I'm thinking.

What would he say is your most annoying habit?
H: I’m not very responsible with money. (aka I love to shop). 
N: Picking at my face and back.

What would you say is your favorite thing about her? 
H: Probably my sense of humor. We laugh together, a lot!
N: How caring and loving she is. I joke with her a lot, and give her crap, and she always knows I am kidding and laughs it off. Likewise, she makes fun of me and gives me crap, but it's all in good fun. I love that we can joke with one another, and we always have fun together no matter what we do. She is by far the sweetest person I have ever met, and I wouldn't change a thing about her. Except maybe the picking and getting upset about what I wear. That I would change.

What would you say is your favorite thing about him? 
H: He is kind and thoughtful to everyone but he also knows how to laugh.  I just love the way he carries himself - I am never worried about introducing him to anyone because he’s so polite and good at talking with anyone.
N: That I know how to handle money and budget. She likes spending my money because of that.


That was fun! Seriously though, we laughed a ton and it made for a good time just to see how close some of our answers were. Hopefully we'll have some more future collabs together.  He's a goof, isn't he? 

No comments:

Post a Comment