Weigh In & Workout Wednesday - June 11

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pretty Strong Medicine

button

Welcome to Weigh-In Wednesday! 


As always, we are so glad to have you linking up with us!  Please make sure to check out my co-hosts & like, friend, stalk, whatever them as you please
I'm not feeling too confident about this week.  I'm predicting staying the same or even gaining a pound or two.  In this post I discussed a little bit why.  I've been unfocused and unmotivated.  I've been lazy, overwhelmed, and not sticking to my commitments.  I let a few good weeks go to my head and I made the choice to go easy on myself. Well, I'm OVER IT.

So when I see a gain later today (after my sleep time, of course), I'll be happy for the kick in the ass.  I have far too much to look forward to in the next few months to lose steam now.  There will be plenty of time for fun along the way but I need to dedicate myself to my goals.  It's crunch time.  

Today I start running & training & sticking to my plans, again.  I don't want to look back a few months from now and wish I would've pushed myself harder. I've spent too much of my life doing just that - it's exhausting and disappointing. 



I hope the tone of this post doesn't seem too negative - I promise this is coming from a place of inspiration (will a little a lot of frustration mixed in).  

I hope you all had better success than me and I can't wait to read how your weeks are going!  

While I'm here, I want to remind you all to make sure you follow me on Bloglovin'!  Google Friend Connect will be gone on July 1st so it would be really sad to lose some of you!  I'm excited to say that I just hit 50 followers today! Thank you a million times!

Follow on Bloglovin


One last thing before an update later on today.  I have a new button swap option under my "Sponsors" tab.  If you are interested, please go check it out!  All that I ask is that you place my button on your sidebar in exchange. I will do periodic social media shout outs and I am always open to guest posts or anything else you have up your sleeves! 

*Update*

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...NO GAIN.  If we're getting technical, I had a 0.2 lb loss but that's the different between eating a marshmallow or not...

Wow. Just wow.  This is the part where I let my entire mood be affected by the scale.  I can't do that...Sure, I'm excited that I didn't do more damage than I expected but I'm still disappointed because I know I can do better.  Lesson learned, let's move on!

Eyes on the prize - I have some Dietbets that are wrapping up soon and I need a new dress or two for the wedding and the concert.  

Don't forget to link-up below!  Leave a comment if you're new :)

25 comments:

  1. Girlfriend you are NOT alone and I have been in this semi funk/plateau since freaking February! I have also been going through a lot of personal things which doesn't help because I am the Queen of Emotional eating. I just try to pick myself back up and begin again even if I have to do it a million times. Its all a part of the journey! Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl...I'm right with you with the emotional eating! Thank you so much for your support. I hope your week goes well and that we all have good news soon!

      Delete
  2. I had kind of an off week too so I am recommitting with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is having an off week! I'm glad I'm not alone. Good luck and let's do this thang!

      Delete
  3. First of all, thanks for hosting the link up. Second, you are so right, don't stop now! I hear you on the frustration, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Each day is a new day and a fresh start! When I get down I always think of "A year from now you'll wish you had started today."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem! I look forward to this link up every week! You are so right...just need to keep pressing on!

      Delete
  4. I stayed the same this week and had really hoped to see a different result. But I know I could have done some things differently and maybe that would have changed today's weigh-in. Doesn't really matter what happened last week for either of us; today is a new chance to start fresh!:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of us had less than perfect weeks. Next week will be so much better! Keep up the great work.

      Delete
  5. It's really tough when you are not on a "normal" schedule. You got this! One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I can't wait to have a regular schedule again! Thank you, it can only get better!

      Delete
  6. I don't weigh in until Fridays but I am not expecting my scale to be nice to me. I slacked off over the weekend way too much.

    Just get back at it! that is my motto. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have a few days, I hope it turns out to be a good week anyway.

      Delete
  7. Good luck - it's hard, this whole thing, and you can do it - remember one good decision at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to get into that mindset. One decision at a time instead of letting one decision ruin the rest of my day

      Delete
  8. I thought it was only google reader going away, not google friend connect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Google Reader is going away but isn't that the point of GFC? From a blog reading standpoint, it won't be effective anymore. Thanks for the correction!

      Delete
  9. A loss is a loss! Get yo' rear in gear and have an awesome week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like a lot of us are trying to dig ourselves out of a slump right now. At least you didn't gain anything this week--that's an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What is it about this week? Hoping for a better week next time! I really want to get to "one-derland" before the end of summer!

      Delete
  11. Apparently it's the week of the funk. I've been on this roller coaster mood for 2 weeks now. Sorry I'm late to the linkup party, but I just didn't even feel motivated to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a funky week, indeed! I would've been late to the link up too but I have to host it :) haha zero motivation

      Delete
  12. Definitely better than a gain! I'm getting back on the focus bandwagon too! We've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I am your newest follower from the Alpha Gamma Delta Blogging network!!! You blog is soo cute! :-) I love that quote! Seriously, I do this ALL OF THE TIME!! I will definitely join in on this linkup in the future! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the link up party. Hey I count every ounce lost! I see a general theme for most all of us, we are all working on being more motivate, committed, and focused. Girl Power...lol

    ReplyDelete