Where Have You Been?

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hello.  You may remember me.  I'm Heather, the owner of this blog and I've been MIA.  What the heck happened?  

I don't have any good excuses like "I was at the beach all weekend" or "I recently came into a large sum of money and I was learning how to invest it wisely."  Nope.  Something more along the lines of, "I am lazy, overwhelmed, sleep-deprived, and highly unmotivated..."  Yeah.  Something like that. Lame.

I am so tired (literally & figuratively) of complaining about being tired.  I'm over it. I work all night and then I'm expected to function normally during the day as well.  I want a normal sleep schedule and I want to never take advantage of sleep ever again.  Sleep, baby, you light up my life.  Please come back and I'll never let anyone hurt you again.


I wish I could say that a few days spent not blogging has left me recharged and renewed.  That's just not the case...I think I'm even more jumbly and cranky than before. I need to blog and tweet and talk to myself on Facebook...it helps me sort things out which you all don't even really see most of the time because I haven't published a lot of what I've written just yet. It's coming, I promise.

I'm stuck in a big runt, partially because my anxiety is back. Without getting into all the intricacies of my life, I'm a naturally anxious person.  I have that insatiable desire to plan and control and make lists and worry about things that are far beyond my control - all at very inopportune times (like when I'm trying to catch up on sleep, for example).  

My anxiety is not something that is big enough to do something about, in my opinion.  Believe me, I've tried. The good news is that I don't completely shut down or cease to function.  I don't freak out or have panic attacks.  I just get fuzzy and filled with excess energy which is usually channeled into thinking and analyzing.  It's like a buzz that won't go away...but I'm learning to deal with it in a natural way.  

Blogging has been a release and an instigator for the anxiety.  I've started to focus on what everyone else is doing with their blogs and I'm beginning to lose sight of why I even started mine.  It leads to a "bigger than my britches" kind of feeling.  I need to slow down and realize that I don't need to do what everyone else is doing. But I still feel the pressure.


There is so much learning left to do about the blog world.  Giveaways and sponsors and guest posting, oh my! There are so many to-dos and not-to-dos and honestly, right now I feel like the new kid at school (with glasses and a sweater vest).  Everyone already has their friends and little blog cliques - it's so intimidating!  Be my friend, k?

Gah.  So that's where I've been.  Hoping for a better week of blogging!

17 comments:

  1. I still have a lot to learn to, but I have learned to just go with the flow and post for you. Don't worry too much about everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the new kid a lot of the time too and have been blogging for a while! Ash is right, just post for you and the rest will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with these two ladies. Just do what you want. Write what you want. Don't worry about what's cool or not. Blogging is supposed to be fun! I like reading what you write, so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have another blog that is my "big" blog (sponsors, etc) but I felt I needed a space for just me, which is why I created a new blog. Yes, I manage two, but this one is just for me. no pressure to write or conform to a certain space. I'd be happy to contribute a guest post though if you're accepting submissions : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you had another blog! Idk how you do it, that's a lot to keep up with.

      I would LOVE to have you guest post! Email me and we can hash out some details!

      Delete
  5. Aww feel better! Keep your head up. Your blog is super cute and just keep it all about you and what you believe in. Make sure it stays fun because that's what you are all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via Shannon page design....
    Keep up with blogging... If it helps do it. I myself took a year off of blogging and now I'm back at it.
    So excited for you and your years of med school Where are u going? IU? Cincy? Good luck. It's gonna be challenging but it will be worth it.

    Http://d-Isis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found my page, Sarah! I'll have to check out your blog!

      I'm really excited too! I'm actually going to a new school in Indy that no one has heard of (yet) - Marian or MUCOM. Osteopathic medicine which I'm really passionate about.

      Delete
  7. You've got 48 followers and it's only been since April when you started blogging. I'd say lots of people want to be your friend, myself included! Love your posts, but remember they're YOU'RE posts, so post when you want and don't feel stressed because of it.

    You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shannon! Your comments really made my day :)

      Delete
  8. Mmmm I really really love PF Changs, except I like all the fried food haha. I started following you when you took over The Wednesday Weigh In and I am nominating you for The Liebster Award, you can check out all details here http://jennysnannydiaries.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was hard to turn down the honey chicken I really wanted...I made up for it in beer later on though.

      Thank you so much for the nomination. I did this a few posts ago but I'll include my answers for your nomination in a future post soon! You're the best!

      Delete
  9. First off, I found you through the AGD Blogger Network! I love finding other AGD blogs to read! <3

    And secondly, I totally understand all of this. I could have written this myself! Totally the same with anxiety. I feel like it isn't bad enough to make a big deal about it, but it does stink and makes me too mentally exhausted to deal with other things. :(

    ReplyDelete