Fit Test Friday #2

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hey you little rascals!


This is my Friday Fit Test #2, but now it's Saturday.  I actually did this on Thursday (umm...a week ago) and had every intention of posting then but I decided to take my mini hiatus. I also like the alliteration of the "F"s and apparently so does the blog world. 

If I were smart, I would pre-write my posts but I usually end up writing on the spot and neglecting all the half-written posts sitting on my desktop. Those who know me know that I'm an excellent starter and not a very good finisher. I think they call that being inconsistent.

Two  Three weeks ago I decided I should be tracking my progress is some way other than pounds and inches. I'm definitely a person who likes numbers and data.  I'm very conventional and somewhat analytical so the more numbers and data, the better.

I also realized that getting smaller doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting more in shape or healthier. It's taken me a long time to get to this point but I don't just want to be "skinny."  I want to be strong.  I want to be tough. I want to be able to flip tractor tires like a badass. I digress. 


Have you met my boyfriend? He's 350 lbs of  love!
Using a modified version of the Chalean Extreme fitness test, I will be tracking my progress.  I was going to track every two weeks but I honestly don't think I'll see much change in two weeks so I'm doing once a month from now on! 



Results

Get ready for some high tech fancy results.  I need some line graphing software or something. Maybe some graph paper and colored pencils...


Looks like we're making a little progress.  That or I took it easy on myself the first time...I'm so bad at pushing myself which is why I try to attend workout class or boot camp.  I need direction.  Maybe I'm capable of more...

I think for the next test, which will be a month from last week (What?! July 5th), I'm going to get rid of the shoulder presses and bicep curls and add some plyometrics like squat jumps or burpees. If you'd like to play along, I'll post a reminder! Maybe we can make it into a link up so we can all see some progress!? 

Oh hey! Remember how I was all excited about Ripped in 30?  Now I'm just bored.  Not because I can do the whole thing balls-to-the-wall intense and perfect but because I don't have the attention span for it. I'm going to keep loosely fitting it in but I just cannot keep doing the same work out five days a week. 

Maybe I just hate working out in my room.  After doing boot camp for a while and running, I actually like being outside.  I like being able to move around and have my space without bumping into my dresser or my bookcase.  Girl's got some legs and she needs lots of room!

Happy Fitness Friday...or Saturday. Whatever. Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog kiddo..... I like your fit test and you ARE making progress. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Looks like you're making awesome progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! I'm your newest follower!! Came to check you out after your comment. Looking forward to reading more about you!!

    ReplyDelete