I Did Something Kinda Crazy...

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm not someone that is easily swayed by trends and fads.  I'm pretty skeptical so I tend to do a lot of research about something before I decide to buy it or try it (unless I'm having a really anxious, impulsive day...things happen). 



So a couple days ago, I did something a little out of the ordinary for me...

I bought the 10 Day Advocare Cleanse. (*loses 10 followers*). I'm not a believer in magic pills and quick fixes. I'm also not deluded enough to think that I can get to where I want to be health-wise by not committing to appropriate lifestyle changes. So why do the cleanse?


Via
I've been stuck in a big ole rut lately and I'm fed up. Whomp whomp whompppp.



Ok...enough selfies.

I do well about 50-60% of the time eating clean and working out, the rest of the time I'm eating Dewey's pizza and skipping boot camp.  I've been able to lose about 12 pounds so far but I know this is going to be really slow going if I don't commit myself to a healthier, more balanced lifestyle.

What I like about Advocare's 10 Day Cleanse is that you still get to eat! No starvation. No funky soups or weird food combinations. Anyone remember the milk and bananas diet? 

It's just common sense clean-eating. 

Obviously this system isn't 100% clean.  I've looked at the ingredients list for all the products and I definitely have some qualms about how long and complicated it is.  However, I'm still willing to give it a try.  Worst case scenario - I don't like the products and I don't buy them again. 

The suggested meal plan eliminates dairy and all processed food items including white flour, rice, fried food, fast food, added sugar, etc. Dairy is going to be tough for me - I like my post-workout chocolate milk, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese! Aside from dropping dairy, the plan is how I aspire to eat most of the time.

The kicker: no alcohol and no soda.  Sorry Heather, no wine with The Bachelorette and no Coke Zero!  Seriously, I shouldn't be eating or drinking most of this stuff anyway so what's the big deal? You can do anything for 10 days.

My goal for the cleanse is obviously to kick start my weight loss.  More importantly, I want to get back in the habit of preparing clean meals and reduce my sugar cravings. I need to recommit to this lifestyle because I'm tired of making the same goals each week and failing to meet them because I'm not invested in the process.

As far as short-term goals go, the cleanse length and timing work perfectly. I plan to start on Monday or Tuesday (whenever my package arrives) and I am scheduled to end one or two days before my friends' wedding. What a perfect reward!

I also purchased the Spark energy drink that two of my favorite bloggers, Skinny Meg and Mama Laughlin, have lauded for a while now.  I'm not much of an energy drink/caffeine person (I hate coffee 99% of the time) but I'm interested to try it.  I'm running on empty energy-wise most days and I'm hoping it will help me get through my long work nights instead of grabbing a Diet Coke. (I chose the Pink Lemonade flavor). 
Via

So that's that. I should mention I am NOT being paid or compensated in anyway by Advocare so all my opinions and experiences will be my own. I can't wait to start and to see my results!

Follow on Bloglovin

Last post I mistakenly said Google Friend Connect would be gone come July.  I actually meant Google Reader...which IMHO is the only reason to use GFC.  Don't forget to go follow along on Bloglovin' or you'll be missing out!

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see how you like the Advocare Spark. I'm Canadian and I'm not sure they sell it here, but I've heard a lot about it through other American friends! Definitely peaks my interest.

    Everyone goes through a rut, I know you'll get out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way it tells you to eat sounds ALLOT like the Paleo Diet!! That's how I aspire to eat most of the time! Good luck, I've seen quite a few bloggers do this with what seems like great sucess!
    xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete