Friday Five Things - June 28

Friday, June 28, 2013


Confession time: I'm a sorority girl. Well, I am a sorority alum now but I have a hard time separating from that part of myself. Exhibit A: My love of reading Total Frat Move, crafting/wining, and continuing to wear the sorority girl uniform. Not to mention the fact that every picture usually ends up like this: 



Or this...


Ummm..or this.



So anyway, at the end of chapter (our weekly meeting) we would share "Five Things" - they could be stories from the weekend, appreciation for a sister that helped them out, or something exciting that happened that week.  The stories were usually funny and entertaining.  It was a positive way to start off a new week and end the monotony of hearing a million announcements. 

That's when I got the idea to incorporate this idea into my blog.  I've actually been wanting to do five things for a while now but I just figured out how I wanted to do it.  

THEN I realized that almost everyone has some version of this on their own blogs and that I'm not being original AT ALL.  Oh well, here it goes anyway!

Five Thoughts
1. NBA draft
Two Indiana Hoosiers were drafted last night - #2 Victor Oladipo to the Orlando Magic and #4 Cody Zeller to the Charlotte Bobcats. I was hoping they would go to some local teams but I'm still thrilled!  Not much of an NBA fan but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my boys!

Via
2. Kenny Chesney
Tonight! I can't wait! I love all his songs from new to old. What are your favorites? He's performing with Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves.

3. Self-Tanner
From the age of 16 up until several months ago, I was a regular tanning bed user. I finally made the wise decision to give up tanning for good just recently. (And you want to be a doctor, Heather?) No more tanning memberships or occasional trips to the bed for this girl! If you tan, STOP NOW! 

I still prefer a healthy glow and I've done a lot of self-tanner testing over the years.  I think I found the perfect one! I'll do a review of it soon! 

4. 7th Heaven
Anyone remember this awesome TV show? I just started watching Season 1 through Netflix DVDs. 7th Heaven was my favorite show growing up! While I love my fair share of train wreck reality TV, it's nice to see a show about good old fashioned family values that doesn't involve spray tanned toddlers or blacked out teenagers.
Via
5. I have a crying problem
I actually started CRYING during yoga class. I cry after I finish a run. I cried during Water for Elephants. I cried watching the NBA draft. I cried watching old IU basketball videos. And I can guarantee I'm going to cry to and from Bloomington like I did the day I moved there and the day I moved out. Clearly I'm hormonally challenged.
Via
Five Workouts
Monday - Boot Camp (45 min) 
Tuesday - Power Yoga (60 min) + Running (35 min)


Wednesday - Spinning (45 min)
Thursday - Running (55 min)


Friday- planning on a HIIT + strength training (60 min)


That's all for Five Things Friday! Have a great weekend!





7 comments:

  1. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

    I hope it doesn't get any worse for me...I've always been super sensitive. I was hoping I would grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

    I know! I'm already getting little wrinkles under my eyes. Aw hell no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM

    It seems like we are all having the emotional cry problem! Must be a woman thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

    Actually ended up being four :) and I took the whole weekend off. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

    I wish I had always been that way...I'm really nervous I'm going to have skin cancer at some point and it will be all my fault! I still need to get better about SPF! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

    Only ended up being 4 & I took the weekend off so I get a whomp, whomp :( I'll be sharing soon! I'm so behind on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather Pretty Strong MedicineJuly 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

    I'm confident we aren't the only ones :) How can you not miss being virtually care free and having an amazing time with your friends daily? Life can't compare now!

    ReplyDelete