Rounding Third and Heading for Home...

Monday, June 10, 2013

First of all, I want to start with a HUGE thank you to all the lovelies that commented on my last post with so many kind, thoughtful comments. I love that I can post my honest feelings and you all respond so positively - usually making me feel a lot less crazy than I am.  Thank you, thank you!  

Time for a weekend wrap up!  

I had Friday off, again. My shift got canceled and I was ecstatic!  It was amazing to sleep two nights in a row...even if I woke up super early each time :) Also, for the record I only have 16 work days left until I take three weeks off before school.  One month. I can do it! 

So on Friday, Nick & I had some errands to run. We did some shopping and got a yummy (& pretty healthy!) lunch at P.F.Changs. I had a salad and steamed shrimp and veggie dumplings.  Nom Nom!

My hair is finally growing out! 
I always catch him off guard.
Yummy steamed dumplings! 
We also decided to check out Whole Foods because Synergy Kombucha tea was on sale - buy one, get one free. I think I have a bit of a spending problem...I bought six. Honestly, I just wanted the glass bottles for storing juices and smoothies.  I like the tea but it's not something I need to have... I prefer the chia seed variety although it tastes like jellied vinegar. I've read about the health benefits...might do a post soon about that! 
  

Later that night, we went to Nick's brother's lacrosse game. I don't understand lacrosse one bit but I love when the guys hit each other.  Cracks me up!

It was crazy being back at Elder (where all the guys in Nick's family went to high school).  We haven't been there since our senior year of high school.  For those who aren't familiar with Cincinnati, the city is split into an "Eastside" and "Westside."  The Westside is more traditional and they're known for the private all-girl/all-guy Catholic schools.  It's weird for an Eastsider on the Westside - it's just different in an unexplainable way.  Eastside is the best side :) 

"The Pit" was named in the Top 10 best places to watch a high school football game by USA Today.  It's awesome!
After dinner that night, this happened. We decided to take it easy and stay in with wine and probably something on the Food Network.  Nick and I don't agree on much TV-wise unless it's about food. Are we at all surprised by this? No.


Weekends are my downfall.  Every single time.  I need some tough love. Dear Chris Powell, please move-in with me on weekends only. Help.

The good news: Saturday morning we woke up super early for spinning class with Nick's mom and dad. I don't usually get a workout in on Saturday so it was nice to finally do that!  Poor Nick has never been to spinning before...he was so sore(and mad at me for agreeing to go)!  

Saturday night we went to the Red's baseball game!  And this happened. I can't even. That's not even the worst of it.  Forget the $9 ballpark beer. This was NOT part of the plan.


Positive time. We did have amazing tickets in the moon deck in right field, though. Home run territory! 
Batting Practice
Now for the exciting part.  We made it on the jumbotron!  This has been my goal since we started dating (hello bucket list!).  All of a sudden, I looked up and saw us up on the big screen!  Nick decided it would be a good idea to grab me and kiss me in front of the 40,000 attendees...and I'm not complaining.  I could hear everyone laughing.  I wish I had a picture to prove it!  A few people I knew that were at the game texted me/facebooked me about it.  Just too funny!

That's the weekend in a nutshell (if I had to pick, it would be a pistachio nut shell. delicious.) Like I said in the last post, I took a big break from blogging.  I gotta snap out of the laziness and remember that this is supposed to be my personal creative outlet.  If you like it, wonderful!  If not, that's ok too!


Have a great week, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I just went to Whole Foods for the first time today. I loved it! Your flight of beer looks amazing. One of my major weaknesses. Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole Foods is amazing but so expensive! I wish I could get all my produce there.

      The flight was good but I'm definitely more of a cheap beer (Miller Lite) girl...then again, I tend to drink way too much of it so maybe I should stick to craft beer :P

      Delete
  2. Weekends are my downfall too. Too many fun social events and too much booze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair! Do you have natural body? Or is there a special technique you use/product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've very lucky - I have a lot of hair! (and it's getting long again!) It holds curl for days.

      I avoid washing my hair. That's my big secret! 2-3 times a week, tops. I also rarely use and blowdryer or flat iron. My favorite tool is a 1.5 inch curling iron. As for products, I use a little shine serum and leave-in conditioner plus some heat protectant. That's it! On occasion I use hair powder to add height in the crown and a little spritz of hair spray.

      Delete