Weigh In & Workout Wednesday #5

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pretty Strong Medicine



Welcome to our second week hosting the Weigh In Wednesday link up!  Last week was amazing! All of you were so supportive and welcoming - I couldn't ask for a better start to the link up!  

Please make sure to check out my co-hosts! They are uh-maz-ing!
We would like to invite you to join us in getting "Ripped in June" with Jillian Michaels!  You can purchase the DVD online or at most stores like Target or Walmart.  I started day one yesterday and it was awesome!  It's not impossible but it's definitely a great workout. I love that she always does "compound moves;" meaning you are always working large muscle groups with small muscle groups.  You aren't going to burn as many calories if you are just standing there doing bicep curls or triceps kickbacks.

I'll be posting my results at the end of the month! (I might even post pictures...by then I'll be allowed to have some liquid courage again)  I have a wedding on June 29th and a dress in the back of my closet that I would love to be able to fit into. Here goes nothing!

As always, this link goes live while I'm still working overnight.  After I take my morning rest, I'll update with my weekly weigh-in and Workout Wednesday with Skinny Meg!

Until then, link up & stay awhile! I'm so excited to continue to get to know each of you and to read about your fitness journeys!

*Update*
Just weighed-in and made a yummy lunch!  Small loss this week of -1.4 lbs, down 12.2 so far.  I hate these small losses.  When I did Weight Watchers as a senior in high school, I remember my first few weeks I was losing 5,6,7 lbs a week.  It's a little discouraging but hopefully that means it will be easier to keep off by doing it slowly.  I also wasn't lifting weights or trying to eat clean so I doubt I was losing fat or gaining muscle at the time. On the other hand, I wasn't sabotaging my progress on weekends drinking either. Gotta keep on, keeping on, I guess!

Two eggs with mushrooms, onions, spinach, & a little goat cheese :)
Snack time! Blueberries & blackberries with plain Greek yogurt, slivered almonds, and a little  raspeberry jam.
As for working out, yesterday I worked out twice!  WHAT? I did day one of Ripped in 30 and then after I finished babysitting, I found out I didn't need to be to work until 9. With an extra two hours to kill & beautiful weather, I figured it was time for a run.  New progress was made!  I RAN 1.5 MILES without stopping!  I'm getting there!  It was slow but I did it!

I ended up going 3.2 miles but I had to take a picture of 1.5 without stopping.  WOO HOO!
Getting Ripped in 30 with Jillian.  Badass.

Tonight I have bootcamp @ 6:30p.  I skipped on Monday - just needed a break.  Back to the grind!

17 comments:

  1. Got here from skinny meg, linked up here also!! I've been on my journey since 1-1-13 and I'm down 50lbs thanks to working out and eating right!!

    Love the blog, you got a new follower! :)

    Jessi

    overthinkinggirl.blogspot.com
    Instagram - ms_st4tus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy Moly! 50 lbs? That's amazing! I can't wait to check out your blog, that's truly inspirational!

      Thanks for stoping by and for the follow :)

      Delete
  2. Dropping in from W.O.W! I love Jillian! She's so hardcore lol. Good luck with ripped in 30! I did the 30 day shred and she also does compound moved in that, I enjoy those as well! Just to go with the weigh in wednesday theme, I've lost over 100lbs and now I'm more focus on toning up :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I have 30 Day Shred but I think I only did week 1. Maybe I'll do that next!

      Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting this again! And good luck with Jillian :) I'm planning on doing one of her DVD's once I get to my short-term goal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping this link up alive, it's such a fantastic thing. Great job on your weight loss this week, small losses add up in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and no prob. I'm loving this link up and all of you!

      Delete
  5. I agree that maybe slower losses are better than fast weight loss, even if it can be mentally trying at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great and your food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippie for the loss! I am loving the Ripped in 30 too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it less today...I get bored easily but luckily you only have to do the same workout 5 times and then you get a new one. whew. keep it up!

      Delete
  8. Any loss is a great loss! Congrats on the 1.5 miles, running is so tough to get into. You're doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's slow going but I'm getting there! Thank you, I can't wait until I can run longer!

      Delete